Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-18-2004, 05:42 PM

Default Garbled audio recording and playing back

I just bought my mbox yesterday. I'm using a fairly decent compressor mic. When i open pro tools and beging to record, the audio sounds fine but after maybe a minute of recording the audio begins to sound distorted and eventually gets to the point where you can barely decipher the audio. When i go and change the buffer size or pc usage % it seems to reset itself and i can record again for another minute or so untill it sounds crappy again. When i fade the playback/input toggle all the way to input the audio sounds completely crisp, but when i fade it to the playback it sounds distorted. I have 512mb of ram and a pentium IV 1.5 with windows xp. I've tried reinstalling the program to no avail. I'm running spII, i know you're not supposed to use that but will it affect the audio this negatively?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Steve
Old 09-08-2013, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Garbled audio recording and playing back

Steve, did you ever fix this problem? I have the same issue. PT plays fine for a while and then gets all garbled and I have to go in and change the buffer settings until it acts up again. Stopping and starting playback quickly three or four times induces it very easy.

Thanks,
Tony