Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2017, 05:09 PM

Default Dock changes mode on playback

Hey folks,

I'm not sure what I did here, but hope y'all can help me undo it. Here's the situation. I programmed the USER 1 function to be CLIP GAIN so I can adjust clip volume with the wheel. So to be clear, to activate this function I press SHIFT, then "Move Sel" button. It illuminates yellow and the function works fine.

However, once I press play on the keyboard, the light goes out and the dock basically goes back to default (at least with the buttons to the right of the wheel). Literally minutes ago this was not happening.

I would love to have the CLIP GAIN function stay on regardless of playback until I, the operator, decide to turn it off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Dock changes mode on playback

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfellamikec View Post
Hey folks,

I'm not sure what I did here, but hope y'all can help me undo it. Here's the situation. I programmed the USER 1 function to be CLIP GAIN so I can adjust clip volume with the wheel. So to be clear, to activate this function I press SHIFT, then "Move Sel" button. It illuminates yellow and the function works fine.

However, once I press play on the keyboard, the light goes out and the dock basically goes back to default (at least with the buttons to the right of the wheel). Literally minutes ago this was not happening.

I would love to have the CLIP GAIN function stay on regardless of playback until I, the operator, decide to turn it off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hey Mike, I just tested this. It looks like the User 1 function comes pre-programmed to be clip gain since mine was already mapped. Anyway. mine work exactly how you described. As soon as I hit play on the transport the button reverts to it's layer one assignment. I'm assuming that's normal.

An alternative to what you want to do might be to use the Clip Gain softkey page.

One thing that's always bugged me about the whole clip gain function is that it does not select the clip under the playhead automatically. If you see how the S6 works it automatically selects the clip and highlights it in yellow. I eventually modded my clip gain softkeys to automatically select the clip under the play head by adding 2 EUCON commands "Extend selection to previous edit" and "Extend selection to next edit"

-A