Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2020, 10:29 AM

Default Activation failed. There are no remaining iLok assets in your account.

Attempting to install Pro Tools First. I do have an iLok account and Manager and Avid Link set up. During setup I may have changed the iLok account user name. I can't be sure. And/or I may have had an iLok account in the past.

I generated a trouble ticket with iLok and was told: "We do not provide or distribute license activation codes; those come from the software publisher. Please contact the publisher of the software you're trying to use to get your license/authorization activation/redemption code or have a license deposited to your account."

I found this message regarding PTF in a thread on this forum: "It is true that you don't need an iLok, BUT you do need the ILM and you can place the license on the computer or an iLok 2."

I assume ILM is the iLok Manager, which I have set up. And it shows "0 Activations"

I've purchased a new (sealed!!) Eleven Rack with PT. But it hasn't arrived yet. I figured I should get this sorted first.

Any advice would certainly be appreciated.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Activation failed. There are no remaining iLok assets in your account.

Welcome to the community!

The license would have been deposited into the account for the specific iLok User ID you entered during activation. Can you sign into that account in iLok License Manager (iLM)?
Old 08-11-2020, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Activation failed. There are no remaining iLok assets in your account.

Thank you for the Welcome and reply Jeffro.

Your question reminded me that I may have initially used my email address as a User ID. But later realized that was awkward. My attempt to sign in with it failed and my attempt to recover my User ID from iLok, returned my current User ID. So I have no way to determine what my original User ID might have been.

Where do we go from here?

Any chance I could remove and reinstall PTF and have the license applied to the current ILM?

Thanks again for your time Jeffro

Last edited by frankpc; 08-11-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:20 AM

I was able to install PTF by uninstalling iLok, Avid Link, and PTF. Then I started over with a new email address and User ID.

Initially, I must have changed my User ID during the installation process.