Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 11-24-2017, 10:50 AM

Default Is this how it's supposed to work?

STILL getting used to the differences between the MC Control (which I had 3 years BEFORE I added the 2 Mix units).

My setup has a Left Mix/MC Control Center/Right Mix layout. When I selected one of the 8 functions (Inserts, EQ, Dynamics, etc) on the R.Mix, the sub-menu that was associated with that function was missing. I glanced over at the L.Mix and saw the functions I expected to see on the right unit. I hit the page right button and the functions moved over to the R.Mix.

Wondering if this had any actual impact on the channel settings originally assigned, I tried the reverse and selected a track on the L.Mix. The function sub-menu was still on the right unit from the previous selection. Nevertheless the right Mix functions controlled the channel selected from the left Mix.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Why don't the sub-menus show up on the unit where the channel was selected? For that matter, why wouldn't the sub-menus show up on both units at the same time? Aren't they supposed to be working together as one mixer ( the track numbers go sequentially from the L.Mix 1-8 then the MC Control shows channels 9-12 and the R.Mix shows the remaining channels 13-20)? Why do I have to bank the sub-menu functions between the 2 units?

These oddities, along with other things like no continuous volume readout in the Mix units make me continually bank every attentioned channel into the MC Control region BECAUSE, once I select a function, the controls are automatically populated next to the 8 knobs, the volume readout is showing above the track name and the feedback just make sense!

At this point, I'm feeling the only reason to have the Mix units is to build larger layouts than the MC Control could accomodate. Channel Flip is NOT much of a draw compared to the feedback loss you give up once you're in the Mix region. Is there some preference setting that I need to activate in the Mix to get all of the same info I get instantly or continuously from the MC Control?
Old 11-24-2017, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Is thishow it's supposed to work?

Well, I got my answer. When I fired up the system today, both Mix units were showing all of the sub-menu content assigned to any function! WTH?

Has anybody else had this happen?