How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-19-2018, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools won't run on MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
What about the info page that I twice recommended that you read?
I have read it. Since you bring it up again, are there any specific points you have in mind? Bear in mind you are referring to a thread containing hundreds of articles.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:30 PM

I think I have stumbled upon a clue - I use a USB-C to USB-A adapter in order to use my iLok 2. I noticed that while it is plugged in, Pro Tools and iLok Licence Manager won't load, and I also lose my wifi. As soon as I unplug it, wifi is back on, and I am able to run both (although I won't be able to proceed since I don't have the iLok connected).

I've read that USB adapters could interfere with wifi on a MacBook, but is it common for Pro Tools to crash when there is a problem with wifi?

I will take the adapter back to the store tomorrow, does anyone have other suggestions?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiflip View Post
I have read it. Since you bring it up again, are there any specific points you have in mind? Bear in mind you are referring to a thread containing hundreds of articles.
The 'help us to help you' is not hundred of articles. As has been said we need the exact model Mac and all other system info - no detail is too small. You never gave us the model number of your Mac. Go to the Apple menu and select 'about this Mac' and when the next window comes up select 'more info'. There's a bunch of pages there that will have the model number of your Mac, the amount of ram, what drives are in the Mac, etc.

QAPLA!