Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2002, 03:26 AM

Default Midi audio not synchronised!

Hello people,

The other day, I ltried the Protools Free version, and I must say that this program is very nice to use. I mainly compose music using audiotracks on the computer and midi from my Korg Triton.

So yesterday, I created some miditracks for my Triton On top of that I wanted to put some audiotracks. Here comes the problem: sometimes, the audio and midi synchronise perfectly. But later on, it is as if the audio fo midi "shifts", and the midi and audio is no longer in sync. How can this happen?

I use a KT7 raid, Duron 900, audiophile 24/96 soundcard, 512 mb ram Kingston.

Thanks in advance! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2002, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Midi audio not synchronised!

Anyone...?
Old 01-25-2002, 03:15 AM

Please?
Old 02-21-2002, 06:32 PM

I am having the same problem. But I wrote all the MIDI tracks from within PT Free. I didn't know how to get an external controller to work to write the MIDI.
Anyway, the audio seems to just jumps around to a different spot each time I hit playback, no matter how many times I try to manually set the starttime of the region to sync the MIDI and audio. What type of processor do u have? I have an AMD Duron and have read that this processor sometimes gives problems. The only thing I have read on these help pages may be to play with the buffer size until u get the least amount of "jumping" I'm gonna try this and hope that it works.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:49 PM

I wish I could help you, but I can't even figure out how to get PTF to even recognize my midi in/out ports!? I have a SoundBlaster Audigy and my keyboard will play patches from the internal GM synth on the card, but I can't figure out how to select the in/out port or midi/bank select. You've obviously gotten that far. Any advice?