Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell

Old 10-17-2018, 08:03 AM

Default WTB: Pro Tools 10 HD (and 11 HD)

Hello.

I've searched everywhere on the web for a used 10 HD license and've always been like the 2nd guy in the row.

Please let me be the 1st

The preferred payment method would be PayPal and transfer of ownership would be awesome...

(And yes, it has to be the HD version(s).)

Regards,
Max

Last edited by poksh; 10-17-2018 at 11:03 AM. Reason: misspelled
Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 AM

Default Re: WTB: Pro Tools 10 HD (and 11 HD)

Hi Max,

I'm on this way too... I've just "salvage" a HD2 Kit with 192i/o and sync i/o... I'm not sure that any license works with TDM Hardware... I remember reading something in that sense on the official Avid site.... The license is "linked" at some Hardware apparently.... or I don't understand correctly.... I know that HD8 License may work.... And in my memory, the changes of the link between hard and soft appear in the HD9 version.... If someone can confirm or deny, he will be a Gentleman!

Vincent
Old 10-17-2018, 11:52 AM

Oh, sorry I've make a big mistake in the precedent post, it's HD hardware, not old TDM...........
Old 10-17-2018, 12:51 PM

Actually your assumption is not quite right.

Since Pro Tools 12 HD:
next to the software license you have to have a Digilink I/O license to be able to use Pro Tools with the HDX interfaces.

Before 12 HD:
Pro Tools didn't require any additional license for the interfaces.
The only limitation being that you need the HD license for HD interfaces, of course.

Regards,
Max.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:39 PM

thank you for your answer Max, it's clearer now for me!

Regards

Vincent
Old 10-27-2018, 10:28 AM

Bump
Old 10-27-2018, 10:40 AM

Slight clarification... the Pro Tools DigiLink I/O license is needed for HD Hardware starting with Pro Tools HD 12.6.

avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/What-is-the-new-Pro-Tools-DigiLink-I-O-license-for
Old 11-06-2018, 07:39 AM

I have a set of perpetual 10&11 HD software
I am in Switzerland, please PM me ...
Old 11-06-2018, 09:43 AM

Keep in mind the OS compatibility stuff. I recently bought a whole studio building with 3 rigs with Magma Expansion cases, iloks and all and thought I'd buy all new cylinder macs, replace the Magma's with Thunderbolt Sonnets, replace the HD5's with a single HDX (each) and just move to the new HW with the old OS and older 10 & 11 HD (Using TimeMachine). Ummm, Nope! Can't migrate from a tower to a cylinder with the OS's that support 10 & 11 HD. So I figure I'll just install 10 on the new cylinder macs. NOT!!! You can't install 10 HD, for which I have the complete installs, on any OS higher than 10.9.x. ARGH!!! And who wants to revert to 10.9 on a cylinder mac just to use 10 HD? So the only other option was to do what?, yep, thats right, (Avid is loving this story) upgrade to 2018.10, since you can't buy 12.5 or below any more. I do the rental for a month to get my act in order. But I'm not done. I go to bring up a session, none of my cards or interfaces are recognized. Why? I don't have a DigiLink I/O license. OMG! The three HD I/O should be good to go right? Nope!! (the voice on the phone says, sorry you didn't have a support contract at the time, so one wasn't deposited so that will be $300 more per rig). OMG!!!!! So, before I can do any of that, I have to do the full transfer. I'm like Avid, I can still buy Windows 7, 8 and 10 from Microsoft. I get it that you want people to migrate to the new cash cow, but OMG at least let me get my belt off and pants down first before you screw me over with all the complication and additional cost.

No, I'm not bitter at all. I just plugged the old macs back in and said screw it. Word to the wise, think this all the way through before you jump.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:03 PM

I'm no longer looking for a license.

Got one, from my boss at work.

Thanks everybody.
Cheers.