Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Default Disk cache to small ??

Hi, I just installed PT9 and at first everything looked good but now I'm starting to get this message "Disk cache is to small, try to increasing cache size or DAE play back buffer size.... (-9500) after that I get DAE error 9031. The thing is that it happens after I open and close 3 - 4 projects and it dosent matter if I pick random projects, after a while I get this error and have to restart PT. So it seems like PT9 after a while thinks it running low on resources and that cant be true because all the projects I open/close are small stuff. So any sugestions?
because this are more then just annoying.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Disk cache to small ??

pro tools 8 had a similar problem for me and got resolved at 8.0.3

you will just have to deal with it until they fixed it. try troubleshooting it if ya want, but i'd imagine the error is similar to pro tools 8 and has to be fixed by avid.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:20 PM

Strange, I did not have this problem in PT 8 on the same hardware, I used PT8 M-powered and a 2626 interface so it must be something with PT9 as it happend from one day to another.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:38 AM

In PT8 error 9031 was a huge problem and there is only one single thread in the PT9 forum about it so you may have an isolated problem. Have tried the regular troubleshooting stuff? Trashed prefs, databases and so on. Are your plugs 100% compatible? Rebuilt permissions? Used illegal character in your audio files, session name, drive name?
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 15 GB ram, HD2 Accel, 192 I/O, PT 10, Mac OS 10.6.8. Dedicated internal drives for system and sample libraries. Recording few tracks on a network Synology NAS. More tracks on a Western Digital external FW800 drive. VI's from NI (Komplete 7), Toontrack, Spectrasonics, IK Multimedia, Vienna, MOTU (BPM), Ivory and a bunch of other plugs.