Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 10:53 PM

Default please help me......

im not getting any power/no led lights, nothing from my mbox 2. and cant launch pro tools. IT KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN MY COMPUTER WHEN I LAUNCH PT. EVEN WORST I DONT GET ANY POWER PLEASE HELP I POSTED THE FOLLOWING SECTION EARLIER........................................... ...........I HAVE A MBOX 2. FIRST CONNECTED TO A PC. WORKED FINE, NO PROBLEMS. NOW, I BOUGHT A MAC G4 AND IT DID NOT WORK. PRO TOOLS INSTALLED FINE, BUT WHEN I GO TO LAUNCH PRO TOOLS THE COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN ON ME EACH TIME. AND THE MBOX DOES NOT EVEN POWER UP WHEN THE COMPUTER IS ON. NOW I THOUGHT THE MAC WAS NOT FAST ENOUGH ON THE PROCESSOR (468GHZ) SO I RETURNED IT, GOT MY MONEY BACK AND BOUGHT A MAC MINI. 1.66GHZ 512RAM AND YEP YOU GUESSED IT, THE SAME PROBLEM. NO MBOX POWER, AND KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN. NOW WHEN I CONNECT THE MBOX BACK TO THE PC, EVERYTHING IS FINE. I BOUGHT A MINI BECAUSE IM NOT DOING ANY MAJOR WORK THAT REQUIRE ALOT OF PROCESSING POWER, JUST THINGS LIKE COPY, PASTE, MAYBE AUTOMATION. CAN ANYONE HELP ME. THANX IN ADVANCE.
P.S. THE MBOX DOES SHOW UP IN MY SYSTEM PREFERENCES BUT WHEN I CLICK ON IT IT SAYS THIS. You cannot open Digidesign Mbox 2 preferences pane on this computer. Contact the developer of this software for a newer version.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: please help me......

I don't want to sound dumb, but I'm willing to take a stab at this since no one else has: did you install the Mac version of PT? Are you sure you're installing the right version of PT for the version of OS X you're running? Are you installing a PPC version instead of Intel?

Did you contact Digi support by phone or email?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 AM

THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM. BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE PRO TOOLS 7 DISC AND IT DOESNT SAY IF ITS FOR INTEL OR PPC. IM GUESSING ITS FOR PPC BECAUSE ITS THE SAME DISC I USED TO INSTALL ON MY G5 WHICH IS A PPC. SO MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I GET THE INTEL BASED CD AND WHATS THE COST.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:48 AM

It won't cost you anything if you bought your Mbox2 recently, you just need to register your Mbox2 hardware and you'll receive an email with instructions on how to download updates.

Look closetly at your installer CD though, somewhere on there it should say a PT version number. You need at least version 7.1.1 to run on an Intel Mac.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:07 AM

Radiomoo you are the man thanx for your help. it seems to be working fine now.