Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2003, 05:21 PM

Default OMS nightmare HELP

Well I really dislike the fact that PT still uses OMS, with its out of date patch lists and unsupported devices.
I am in need of some serious help. I've called both MOTU and Digi and basically neither had any helpful insight other than call the manufacture which still doesn't help me.

I need to get the patchnames for my Triton rack (with 5 exp cards) and my Roland xv5080 (with 8 cards) to show up in the patch lists in both Pro Tools and in Digital performer (which is running under OMS).
Can someone please assist me?? Right now I've subscribed to the patch names and the internal patches show fine, but I can not get the cards to show.
thanks
gd

p.s. i am running a HD3 system 5.3.1, OS9.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:50 PM

Default Re: OMS nightmare HELP

If you went to MOTU support, didn't they suggest you to use Unisyn to publish your synths patch/combi names?

I think you need profiles to have this feature.(not shure)

I have dropped this convenience because it was a pain in the a**.

Motu should be able to provide theese profiles in a little time.(That's what they advertized some time ago)

Maybe you have to switch to FreeMIDI only and use Unisy to publish them.

Good luck. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 08:11 PM

If you are using OMS w/ DP...your whole patch setup is really lacking...because...no freemidi.

DP ,Freemidi, Unisyn...for patchlists..the most integrated package on the planet.

In Pro Tools...your best bet is to start typing...and create custom OMS patch names and program in the bank select messages.... Or find a shareware app that converts a text doc into the OMS doc ...still typing..
Old 01-22-2003, 10:38 PM

Man, what a nightmare. I went through the same thing over a year ago. PT5.1, OMS, FreeMIDI, 2 MTPAV's and several sequencer packages.

You need to do a DUC search on keywords like: OMS, FreeMIDI, Patchlist, etc. You will find a www that has a large archive of OMS patches including expansion cards and all of the details on how to set this up.

Goodluck - Sean
Old 01-22-2003, 11:30 PM

Is this any help ?

http://www.visionsj.com/oms/names.html

some of us have already done some work in this area.