Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2003, 12:25 AM

Default Further development

So I've been using protools for a year, I'm getting pretty good with it, recording my own stuff, and editing music for others. (I don't know the whole program, but I'm guessing very few people actually know everything about the program.)

So now what? I like this, and I'm interested in a career at it. I'm an out of work graphic designer, and I think this would be a good time to start work in the music industry.

What more do I need to know about protools to get to the professional level? and for that matter, the differences between the 001's LE and the full version? Where can I find that info? Is there some kind of book or something that can get my knowledge of the program up to professional par?

Secondly, how do I get a job in a studio? What job am I qualified to do, only knowing protools and a few pieces of gear? (and How much can I expect to make? 8o)

Lastly, Is there anyone on here in the LA area who can give me a job or some kind of apprenticeship? or at least advice on where to find one? even someone who'll take me into a studio and show me why I'm nowhere even close to being able to get a job?

Thanks so much for your help, all of you at the DUC have been invaluable in my learning of the program so far.
-Olaf
[email protected]