Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Audio Files saved in different location

The problem:

Created new session, chose save location, sample rate, bit depth and so on. Setup session, and started recording. No errors occured, no dae errors popped up. Saved session, quit.

Went to check and make sure all audio files were saved, and they were not there. Only the session folder and session files and backups were there. Reopened session and checked disk allocation, and found that the audio and fade files were saved on the same drive, but on a seperate partition.

Did a "save session copy in" as a fix for the session. But I would love to know how this happened in the first place

The system:

Apple PowerMac G5 dual 2.7 with OS 10.4
2 internal HD ([1] 80GB with OS, and [1] 200GB in [2] 100GB partitions)
Pro Tools HD Accel 3 with PT version 6.9.3
2 192 i/o

The files were saved onto the second internal HD. All drives were journal enabled. Am I missing something absolutely obvious? Thanks for any help.....

Julian
Old 12-06-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Audio Files saved in different location

check your disk allocation in the SETUPS menu
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 12-06-2005, 02:25 PM

Thanks, I sincerely hope that that was the issue. Unfortunately, the problem has not resurfaced, and the original session has corrected itself.

Another thing that I just thought of, and did not include in the original post was, after closing the session for the first time, and reopening it later, it started recording on the right partition again. Would disk allocation somehow correct itself between sessions?

Julian
Old 12-06-2005, 05:27 PM

In your first post, you said you "created a new session". I'd venture a bet that you actually opened an existing session and did a "save as", right? If that's the case, the disk allocation would have been still set to the original session's location. I've done this a million times and I use to always close the session after I saved it, then re-opened it to reset the disk allocation. So the answer to your last post, the answer would be yes. Now I just open the disk allocation and choose the same drive I've saved the session to and it will automatically allocate to the right audio files folder.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 AM

Shawn, you hit the nail on the head...as I read what you wrote the clogs in my head started turning, dust falling off.
The session opened from a static pad. Disk allocation was set in the static pad differently from what I wanted, plus, I was not the one that set it up. Thank you for making things click.