Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-29-2018, 02:55 PM

Default Re: UVI Workstation & Falcon!

oh, i read somewhere that this thing should be completed on 5-DEC the latest so the wait goes on...
Old 11-29-2018, 02:56 PM

UVI Workstation 3 along with Plugsound Avid Edition are already available to download and it's just a regular free version that also installs vst and au plugins. Plugsound library also doesn't have any protection so you can load you it in any host of your choosing. Just checked it in vanilla 2018.10. Weird that they market it as Pro Tools First free instrument and as unavailable for vanilla/ultimate which is clearly wrong. I would also assume that Falcon will be either a permanent Ilok activation code which you get as long as you have an active plan/subscription and then you keep it forever as aax/vst/au or some special avid edition installer with aax only.

Edit: Wrong. Plugsound Avid library doesn't work outside of Pro Tools so it is protected after all.

Last edited by matthewmkb; 11-29-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:28 PM

I mean it's nice and all but Avid keeps getting freebies on stuff I already have. Oh well.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
Should be hitting all of our accounts over the next week for FREE and going forward as part of Pro Tools!

Ain't no humbug here! :)
Like others here, I already had Workstation but since Falcon is going to be a nice $350 Christmas "Freebie" from Avid to its customers I went to the UVI website and bought 4 Expansion Packs which are also on sale at 30% off and cost a total of $108.

Thanks Avid and UVI!

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield

Last edited by LightWing; 11-29-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:01 PM

I feel betrayed!! lol. Falcon was a big purchase for me. Kinda hoping it's a full version including the vst so I can resell my license.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:56 PM

Hi. This morning, while refreshing Sibelius Ultimate, I noticed in my AVID Application Manager, that "Falcon" to be updated too.
So after finishing with Sibelius Update, I tried updating Falcon via my AAM.
After download, I was adviced that the PACE I already have, was more recent than the one I was going to install. So I declined to install it.
Later, I launched ProTools and was prompted to enter a serial for "Falcon" I do not have (yet). I suppose that's the thing that should appear in my AVID Master account in the next days, right? (I could go on using PT without caring for Falcon then.)
Old 11-29-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire57 View Post
...I launched ProTools and was prompted to enter a serial for "Falcon" I do not have (yet). I suppose that's the thing that should appear in my AVID Master account in the next days...
Once processing is completed you'll see a UVI Plug-ins section in the Product Details and Download Links for your Pro Tools product in My Products and Subscriptions and an Avid Falcon AAX license will be deposited to your iLok account.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:21 PM

If it isn't a free, perpetual license I'm not sure I really want to know about it. This support plan thing has been around long enough that if it comes included IN Pro Tools, it is probably a carrot... but if it is a loaned freebie, it is nothing more than a trap that will snap shut in 12 months time, regardless of how dependant your past sessions are on it remaining open. I guess we will know in a week or so.

It would be nice if Avid actually developed some decent new VIs that were included in Pro Tools. Overhaul the old Samplecell format. Modernise Softsynth for the 21st century. Recreate Turbosynth for plugin use in 2018. Heck... make at least one... just one AAX-DSP virtual instrument of some kind.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Once processing is completed you'll see a UVI Plug-ins section in the Product Details and Download Links for your Pro Tools product in My Products and Subscriptions and an Avid Falcon AAX license will be deposited to your iLok account.
Ah, that would answer my question (2) - no, it’s not the full version with standalone and vst. Still not clear if it’s time-limited concurrent with an active subscription, but seems likely.

Since my music work is in Cubase, I’ll be treating this license therefore as a software demo.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-30-2018, 12:12 AM

Hopefully it'll be a permanent inclusion for all current users, as in not tied to update plan, of course... (like Biotek?) Would really make me feel good for renewing this year, and actually entice to renew next year for sure.