Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-25-2002, 04:44 PM

Default Digi CS...Will there be Core Audio drivers for 001 with PT X?

I think I speak for many of us here in saying there is much anticipation of the upcoming PT release for OSX.

However, I am wanting to know if Digi plans on releasing Core Audio drivers for the 001 along with this release? And will they be complete drivers (will users be able to address all inputs and outputs - analog and digital?)

I ask this because of the possibility that Digi will still use the DAE engine for future PT releases on X. If this is the case, then (theoretically) Core Audio drivers wouldn't be necessary....but this would limit the use of the 001 / Mbox / 002 to ONLY be used in Pro Tools.

I for one would like to go on the record requesting this driver (with full functionality) since I use multiple applications for my music (Reason and Logic being two others along with Pro Tools)

Thank you for your consideration.

Old 09-26-2002, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Digi CS...Will there be Core Audio drivers for 001 with PT X?

**Bump**
Would hate to see this thread die before Digi has a chance to answer the question [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2002, 08:35 PM

Let it die, I'd hate to see you pass out from holding your breath for a reply you're never going to get.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:26 AM

Kumurah,
This is just speculation at this point..but from the one post I saw a while back in the TDM forum...the plan is to use DAE inside OSX for PT. BUT, to also have coreaudio support for the hardware to use with other apps.

It makes sense if you think of it this way...coreaudio = multi channel soundmanager driver. (at least as far as how it might be implimented by Digi)

So, the core audio drivers will not work inside of PT software. Nor will Digi be using Coreaudio technology (AU) for plugins..etc. But, you should be able to access your Digi hardware in other apps...that support coreaudio.

I'm guessing they "will" be supporting coremidi services from within PT...since they will be loosing OMS.

That was my understanding of the one response I saw.

I believe it was in TDM forum, an OS X or AudioUnits thread. A few weeks back.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:45 AM

Makes total sense to me,....and that was what I was assuming. It doesn't make sense to exclude sales of the 001 as a hardware solution for the sake of PT.
The 001 interface is pretty much useless to me unless I can have access to all the inputs (analog, SPDIF, ADAT / SPDIF optical) via core audio.

Just trying to get a feel for what they might have planned, and express my request to them.

Thanks for the input dc! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2002, 02:02 PM

I bought a Mbox 1 month ago... and I'm hoping too that I'll be able to use it with Logic in OS X.....

Let us pray.....