Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 02-08-2010, 10:58 AM

Default D Control machine transport error?

Machine transport on my D control has been working faultlessly since I've had it -however as of last week the play button will not "play". When I hit play the tape will shuttlle to PT cursor position and then stop but not play (Stop is solid green, play is flashing), so I'm unable to do drop ins etc. If I do everything via PT software it all works fine. If I hold shift and press the play key the tape will play.I've tried reboots/console reset but no different.Anyone come across this before?

Thanks,

Owen
Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 AM

Default Re: D Control machine transport error?

Had the same problem's with our Dcontrol, more specific with the Record Button. The only workaround was to delete the Protools 8 preference.

Be careful, the Dcommand and Dcontrol don't have a separate file for keeping the controller preferences, so you loose them also, beside of-course your Protools Preferences.

Hope Digi will solve this problem in a coming update, because it would also be very handy to take your own control preferences with you when you work in an other studio.

Grz,

Louis
Old 02-08-2010, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the quick reply - where to I find the protools 8 preference?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:12 PM

When you are on Mac OSX go to:

User/Library/Preferences.

There you will find the Protools 8 preference. (Also your DAE folder and DigiSetup.OSX is there located.)

I asume that you already did the "first aid" things like trashing your DAE folder and trashing your Digidesign Database files, because they can also be corrupt.

After this "first aid" it's best to repair your diskpermissions on your system drive.

A workaround for not loosing your Protools 8 preferences is to not really trash them but put them in another folder.
A did this after Protools created a new preference and I keep this file as a copy in a backup folder. If we have problems in the middle of a session I can always trash my corrupt file and replace it with the clean version. Sometimes this helps and it's less time consuming then doing al the new preference setting for Protools and the Dcontrol....

Hope this helps.

grz,

Louis
Old 02-12-2010, 08:07 AM

Thanks for that (Sorry for the slow reply but I've been away for a few days). I should have mentioned that I have PT 8.0.3 on a HP xw8600. I have done all the usual first aid stuff, but I can't find the PT 8 preference file - not in my user file in documents and settings. Any idea's?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:40 AM

You have to delete the DAE prefs folder AND the application data folder for digidesign.

For DAE prefs go to: program files\common files\digidesign and delete the DAE prefs folder

For app data go to: documents and settings\administrator\application data and delete the Digidesign folder (for this one if you don't see the application data folder, you have to change the folder option, go to "Tools" select view tab and select show hidden)

Reboot. Your Pro Tools prefs and D-Control prefs will be reset to default, so you will have to re-enter your settings.

Digital Media Engineer
Discovery Communications
http://corporate.discovery.com/
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 AM

Thumbs up Re: D Control machine transport error?

Now sorted - many thanks. The only thing I can think of that may have caused the problem was that I imported PT session created in 7.4. I'm pretty certain the transport started playing up after that.