Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-15-2023, 01:05 PM
Avid

Default Re: Avid Control Frequently Disconnecting with Silicon Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Coil View Post
Its all good eddie. I tried it out and now have my dock up and running full time now. Its nice to be able to use my dock and have access to all of my plugins at the same time! I'm sure everyone here can imagine how frustrating it would be to only be able to use a new surface or use plugins but not both at the same time. Especially when I have yet to develop a workflow on my new dock. My lack of experience with control surfaces in general played a big part in my problem with setting up my dock. And i had no idea rosetta could be used with anything besides pro tools. Next time i can't figure something out with PT i will use this forum. I usually avoid that and just try and figure it out on my own. But just to avoid any more setbacks I'm going to switch things up when needed. Thanks again Eddie!
Glad to help. Please do use this forum, there are many users that help not just me.
Old 07-27-2023, 11:26 PM

Hi all - I installed Eucon 2023.6 today and immediately got all sorts of connection drop outs. I have since relaunched Eucon using Rosetta and it's been stable since - early days yet (literally the first day), but it seems some sort of Silicon specific bug has crept back in...
Old 07-31-2023, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa5454 View Post
Hi all - I installed Eucon 2023.6 today and immediately got all sorts of connection drop outs. I have since relaunched Eucon using Rosetta and it's been stable since - early days yet (literally the first day), but it seems some sort of Silicon specific bug has crept back in...
I think I have falsely misidentified the issues I was having after looking around on the forums. Running in Rosetta didn't really yield any improvements on 23.6, however modifying the plist file as per Eddie's post "*******Temp fix for EUCON 23.6 slowdown********" has essentially fixed the issue.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa5454 View Post
I think I have falsely misidentified the issues I was having after looking around on the forums. Running in Rosetta didn't really yield any improvements on 23.6, however modifying the plist file as per Eddie's post "*******Temp fix for EUCON 23.6 slowdown********" has essentially fixed the issue.

Hi could you please let me know what is the step to fix the plist? I had the similar issue recently.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
I've had a problem for quite some time that Avid Control will frequently disconnect. Closing the app and re-opening will fix it. I'm on an M1Mac MacBook Pro. My studio partner was on an intel Mac mini 2018 and never had that problem.

Recently he upgraded to the same computer as me, and the problem began happening for him too.

We're currently using an S1 paired with an iPad running avid control. We used to run an android tablet and had the same problems.

Both of us on macOS Monterey. Latest version of pro tools an EuControl.

Does anybody else have these problems in this configuration?
Hi, try setting your tablets to a static IP. I've done that, and also on the m1 macbook pro of my travel rig, and everything is much more stable, and responsive
Old 01-09-2024, 01:36 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolisound View Post
Hi could you please let me know what is the step to fix the plist? I had the similar issue recently.
Install the latest EUCON instead. plist isn't needed in it.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Install the latest EUCON instead. plist isn't needed in it.
Thanks Eddie, I have install the version you have mentioned, I still have the issue, I am thinking maybe it is my router, I will be purchasing a new router for EUCon, is there a list of router you would recommend?
Old 01-09-2024, 02:06 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolisound View Post
Thanks Eddie, I have install the version you have mentioned, I still have the issue, I am thinking maybe it is my router, I will be purchasing a new router for EUCon, is there a list of router you would recommend?
Type TP-Link Gaming Router into Amazon, we test with a few different ones here from them and they are great. Any current gaming router will do but obviously the higher priced ones will be faster, if you have a bigger system or want to expand in the future.