How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Default Protools 9/ rme distortion after 10 seconds of recording

Hi Everyone,

Im running Protools 9.0.6 with Rme babyface(latest driver) with on macbook pro 10.6.8. The problem is when im recording single into Protools the recording suddenly starts getting distorted. It sounds like a bit crusher with delay effect. Then i change the buffer size and it goes away and after recording 15-20 second it comes back again no matter what the buffer size is (32 to 1024) It doesnt happen all the time. When this occurs i literally have no plug-ins on the channels so i dont think it's a cpu issue. All of my drivers are up to date, I tried both usb inputs on the mac. Thing is it doesnt happen all the time, it happens for a day or two then ıt goes away. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advanced for any help.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:20 AM

Arrow Re: Protools 9/ rme distortion after 10 seconds of recording

I'd email RME tech support. They're pretty good about getting back, and best of all- it's free.
Does your MacBook Pro have a mini pcie slot? Because RME has a card for that..
My only experience is with the hdsp aio, so I can't be more help..
Old 02-13-2012, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Protools 9/ rme distortion after 10 seconds of recording

Hi Diccer,

I did e-mail them but the problem only occurs within Protools. I also tried it out with Reaper, Logic and didnt have the any problems.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Protools 9/ rme distortion after 10 seconds of recording

The problem was recording in to internal hard drive. Sometimes i go out for field recording and i did not realize recording into internal drive would cause this.