Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2009, 04:47 AM

Default Waves knob problem

Hello,

I did see that a few people have this problem. I have tried Waves demos (and did buy the Tony Maserati Collection.) On all of the Waves (and only Waves) plug-ins, I eventually have the problem where I can no longer move the knob. Opening Pro Tools and staying in the program, not switching out to look at your internet browser, the Waves programs will work fine. I figured that having a web browser open (Safari or Firefox), or opening one up, then going back to Pro Tools (I'm using 8.0.1), the knobs will no longer work. They won't turn with the mouse. You can at times click different points to get it to go to that spot, but the functionally no longer works, until you close Pro Tools and restart it.

Waves has been unsuccessful in helping. I gave them the steps to replicate the problem, showed them a link to a video I uploaded to YouTube, and followed some suggestions including clearing out cache, disk reparation, changing administration permissions and privileges. Now they want me to uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools. And if that does not work, they want me to re-install my system.

If any Waves users can try to replicate what I have described and can post if they get the same problem, maybe there is a bug stumbled upon.

Here is the clip I uploaded, showing the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMDXQwVgPWE
Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Waves knob problem

Does this happen when you switch between apps not using the expose shortcuts? I mean if you just cmd+tab or "old school" click between apps, does it happen?
-Digi002
-ProTools 9
-OS 10.5.x
Old 10-01-2009, 08:54 AM

I have the same problem with my Waves Plugs and have the Platinum collection. It has been happening seemingly randomly for several years, on different machines (pc's). The only thing I can do to regain control is to restart pro tools. So we now know this does happen both on pc's and macs.
It really does not happen that much for me and I guess I have gotten used to it, but to get it fixed would surely be great
I have also tried to get waves to help and their tech support is quite good in my opinion, but they were unalbe to help. I even sent a letter (as requested) but never got a response

I also have problems with them moving them from video screen to another (I use 4) they sometimes show up partially black, I can close it out and reopen and it is ok.

Intel Q9650, Asus P5Q Deluxe, 4 gigs Corsair Dominator 1066 RAM, 2x Asus 256MB fanless video cards, 3x W.D. 320 gig SATA drives, 2x 250 gig removable backup drives, I-Star 400-6Q case, Sony Lightscribe DVD, Noctua fans, I-Star 580 watt power supply, ADS Pyro Firewire, Scythe Ninja Heatsink, Kensington Expert Mouse, Logitech Trakball, 4x video monitors
Old 10-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Most of Waves Plat use sliders which I prefer.. I never could understand how to turn a knob with a mouse.

I wish PTLE would have an option for making the PAN knob back into a slider... really ridiculous.