Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-1999, 02:25 PM

Default SINC PT24MP AND CAKEWALK USING WIN NT

HI; I'VE A BIG PROBLEM...I NEED TO SINC CAKEWALK AND PRO TOOLS 24 MIX PLUS IN A IBM COMPATIBLE PC USING WINDOWS NT. I WAS WAITING FOR A PROGRAM THAT WAS CALLED LOGIC AUDIO FOR NT WITH WHOM I COULD USE THE TDM PRO TOOLS USING THE UNITOR 8 LIKE MIDI INTERFACE...BUT...BUT...THE PROGRAM DID'NT COME, THEY SAID THAT IT WON'T COME...AND NOW I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO...I ACCEPT ANY IDEA OR INFORMATIONS ABOUT THIS MATTER...AND I OFFER TO WHO WILL SOLVE IT A WONDERFUL VACATION IN ITALY)))...BYE, WAITING AND HOPING.....

------------------
Old 07-27-1999, 02:42 PM

Default Re: SINC PT24MP AND CAKEWALK USING WIN NT

Well, the way I do it is to run PT on one machine and Cakewalk on another. Either feed SMPTE to both, or MTC from PT to Cakewalk. If you're just using one machine, try Sonic Foundry's Virtual MIDI Router to send MTC from PT to Cakewalk...although I haven't tried this myself.

-------->Denny Conn
Old 07-27-1999, 09:44 PM

I use cakewalk pro audio 8, withuou the audio.

I use a mq 8portse and send a midi sync from PTNT to the 8th port, I connect a midi cable from the 8th port out to the 8th port in and set cakewalk to receive midi time code. It works all on the same machine.

If you need futher information write me [email protected]
Old 07-28-1999, 02:50 AM

Hiya

Nice shouting...

I use PTNT with cakewalk all on the same machine using MIDIOX (a free program already mentioned a few times on this board, now in v5.5 so it is an amazing piece of software for precisely nada)) which creates virtual midi ports so you can synch your programs without needing to patch anything externally. No wires. No mess and it actually works!

The above solution assumes you are not using the audio properties of CW. You can't control PT from cakewalk without seriously limiting PT capabilities... don't do it! No reason though why you can't use the audio of CW as well as PT using a local drive and a soundcard. Then again, why?

You can download midiox at http://members.xoom.com/MIDIOX/midiox.htm

Drum
Old 07-29-1999, 11:28 AM

Does the vacation cover for airfare costs?

Use two machines. One for PT on NT, and another for Cakewalk on Win98. Have USD? Will have no frills sync to your MIDI interface! Disable MIDI thru and you're on the go!

Enjoy!