Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-26-2012, 12:00 PM

Default Double Sound interface Digidesign + Realtek on Windows

I would take alive a musical track from youtube or similar that comes out from headphone outlet of computer that goes in the input of my Digidesign Mbox2 Mini to register it on Pro Tools 10. Unluckily, I work on Windows 7, I cannot choose for youtube the internal interface Realtek of Windows, because appears only the Digigidesign Mbox2 Mini interface the works both for youtube and ProTools. Do you think that buyng another interface (as a Mbox Mini) and using one for youtube and the other for ProTools could solve the problem? And how I could drive the exit of youtube on one specific interface? thanks
niky
Old 08-11-2012, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Double Sound interface Digidesign + Realtek on Windows

Im not really sure what you are asking, but it sounds like you want to take audio from a video and have that in Pro Tools.

Instead of streaming the audio into Pro Tools, why not just download the video with something like Realplayer (which is free) and then import the video & audio into Pro Tools, if you don't want the video, then delete the video track and leave the audio track.

OR after you download the video, convert it to an Audio Only format like a .wav or .mp3 then just drop that in Pro Tools. Realplayer comes with a basic video converter.