Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2019, 06:52 PM

Default PT Ultimate crashing because authorization issues

I just upgraded to PT 12 (Ultimate I think it is called now). I did the upgrade via the Avid store. My PT crashes because all of the sudden it says : Error missing PACE authorization for Pro-Tools. So it crashes and then it has to re-authorize all kinds of stuff via the i-cloud. I have an I-lock so why is this happening and how can this be fixed? Very, very, very annoying! Also, my PT 11 for which I had a 'perpetual license' has also stopped loading!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:27 AM

Default Re: PT Ultimate crashing because authorization issues

How about some system info (try putting it also into your profile)? Can't help without that.

In the meantime until we get that - are you using a physical iLok or Cloud? Plugged into a working USB 2 port?

QAPLA!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:07 AM

And what version of 12? 12.6 and up requires a new, free, iLok authorization.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-12-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
How about some system info (try putting it also into your profile)? Can't help without that.

In the meantime until we get that - are you using a physical iLok or Cloud? Plugged into a working USB 2 port?

I am on a Mac OS El Capitan, latest version of Pro-Tools as I just upgraded a few days a go. Pro Tools launches and works but after a few hours of working, at some point, it becomes 'de-authorized'. When I installed the upgrade I followed instructions and Pro-Tools installed correctly as far as I can tell. I do have an physical I-lock and that is where PT should have authorized during installation as that is the I-lock where my PT 11 was authorized.

Last edited by garnoil; 02-12-2019 at 06:55 AM. Reason: add more info
Old 02-12-2019, 10:06 AM

Reinstall Pace?
Double check in iLok app that cloud auth is not engaged.
Indicated by icons in app

I found that method inconsistant and slow.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
Reinstall Pace?
Double check in iLok app that cloud auth is not engaged.
Indicated by icons in app

I found that method inconsistant and slow.
Thank you for your suggestion. I looked at the License Manager and PT Ultimate is in fact authorized to I-Cloud. I will now follow the Avid instructions as suggested on their webpage to move the I-cloud authorization to my physical I-lock. When I upgraded PT fro 11 to Ultimate all the new Pro-Tools stuff including the plugin bundle got authorized to the I-cloud. This I-lock thing is very slow and un-reliable, how can anyone use this I-cloud, mine crashed 5 times in 2 days of work.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
I am on a Mac OS El Capitan, latest version of Pro-Tools as I just upgraded a few days a go. Pro Tools launches and works but after a few hours of working, at some point, it becomes 'de-authorized'. When I installed the upgrade I followed instructions and Pro-Tools installed correctly as far as I can tell. I do have an physical I-lock and that is where PT should have authorized during installation as that is the I-lock where my PT 11 was authorized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
Thank you for your suggestion. I looked at the License Manager and PT Ultimate is in fact authorized to I-Cloud. I will now follow the Avid instructions as suggested on their webpage to move the I-cloud authorization to my physical I-lock. When I upgraded PT fro 11 to Ultimate all the new Pro-Tools stuff including the plugin bundle got authorized to the I-cloud. This I-lock thing is very slow and un-reliable, how can anyone use this I-cloud, mine crashed 5 times in 2 days of work.
There's your problem - you need to have the license asset on your physical iLok. PT does not automatically authorize during installation to an iLok. You have to download the license asset to your physical iLok manually via the ILM software.

QAPLA!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:49 PM

Great advice, thank you