Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Default authorization nightmare

I'm so tired I can't see straight. I have been typing serial numbers and authorizations and passwords all night trying to upgrade my plugs for my new MacPro. Nothing's working.
1. TRacks EQ from digi page as part of Ignition Pack- I appear to have downloaded it succesfully. It won't take my serial number. (I can't even figure out how to request help from digi)
2. Reason Adapted. I think I got it downloaded OK, but it took 15 minutes-is that right? Something else is on my desktop called RAD. Anyway, I get the dialog box that says enter user name, company and auth, or password. Whatever it's asking, it's not taking what I put in. I've got it registered on the propeller site, I'm putting in what it says there.
3. TRacks. I upgraded to the full version, have it registered with IK Multimedia. Have it downloaded OK ; it won't take the auth number it's giving me online.

I'm really sick of this. Can anyone tell me something I'm doing wrong? I had all these installed OK on my PC.
Thanks
Old 12-08-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: authorization nightmare

Have you registered your Ignition Pack? Digi issue activation codes for many of the plug-ins.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:18 PM

I've just bought a new macbook pro and 003R factory and wow it is a long and sometimes a little confusing process getting all the bits and pieces installed and authorized.

Reason Adapted process:
Step 1: Activate your Ignition Pack at http://secure.digigdesign.com/activation/. You should have a red card that will have the activation code. When you do that you'll get a bunch of activation codes for Ableton Live, Reason etc etc.

Step 2: Go to the propellerheads website and register. Once registered there should be an option to "register new product" on the left. Do that, it will accept the activation code you got for Reason Apapted from step 1.
It will give you a license key.

Step 3: Download Reason Adapted 3.0.5 from the same website, this will be newer than the Reason installer on the Ignition Pack CD.
Run the package, this will then show a folder called "reason adapted for digidesign" and tell you to copy the folder to your hard drive. Do this. I put mine in /libary/application support so it would be in the same place as most other apps.

Step 4: Browse to that directory and double click the file "reason adapted for digidesign". You'll then get that dialog box you talked about and the license key from step 2 will work. The app should then run.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:59 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to explain all that; I think I did all that. At this point I can't remember exactly what the problem was- the dialog box is a little surprising- user name, company and (I think) license number? That doesn't realyy correlate with info on registration page on propellerhead. Anyway, whatever I was putting in the license number it wasn't taking.
I'll try again, will follow your instructions exactly, see if I get different results.
If you read my other current post I've got bigger problems- I've been working myself backwards the past 18 hours.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:00 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to explain all that; I think I did all that. At this point I can't remember exactly what the problem was- the dialog box is a little surprising- user name, company and (I think) license number? That doesn't realyy correlate with info on registration page on propellerhead. Anyway, whatever I was putting in the license number it wasn't taking.
I'll try again, will follow your instructions exactly, see if I get different results.
If you read my other current post I've got bigger problems- I've been working myself backwards the past 18 hours.