Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2000, 09:15 PM

Default Pro Tools, Real Audio & Sound Forge On A Mac???

Hello,

recently I have begun working for an intrernet company preparing sound files. I currently do all the editing at home on my PT rig the bounce the files to disk, burn a CD and bring them to their office where I load them on to a PC with Sound Forge, Convert to Real Audio and then upload the .rm file to their ftp site.

I have been feeling lazy and would like to put my cable modem to some better use than just downloading files. My dream is to be able to convert and upload the files from home. Plus my utter disdain for using a PC computer is kicking in. I guess its karma for Windose bashing in the NT forum

So does anyone have any comments, opinions info whatever on software that will do this. I need to be able to create a Smart Stream. I dont know if this is just a Sound Forge term or not. But what I mean by Smart Stream is it is one file, but when stramed it will sense how fast the users connection is and adjust the quality accordindly. I think it is actually 3 files embedded into one but I'm not sure. I also need the abillity to normalise. Batch converting functions is not so imoprtant. I usually dont do more than 1 or 2 at a time.

Also if any one has any info on if Sound Forge works with soft windows or another emulation program I would love to hear about it. Using Sound Forge on a Mac would be the best option since I am already familar with it.

Thanks in advance for any info, audio for internet is a new thing for me.

verna
Old 10-28-2000, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools, Real Audio & Sound Forge On A Mac???

have you thought about getting Virtual PC?

I'm running it on my G4, and use Sound Forge & ACID that way. Files move pretty easy between the two.

rdpete
Old 10-29-2000, 11:17 AM

Hmmm, Virtual PC you say....I have soft windows. I have never used it it came with my computer. Wonder if that will work. Who makes Virtual PC??

thanks
Old 10-29-2000, 08:23 PM
Administrator

www.connectix.com

Bruce

------------------
Bruce Paine
eMarketing
Old 10-31-2000, 03:17 PM

I have heard of people running ACID w/ Soft Windows, so Sound Forge should work too. The fx in the program will be ok, but 3rd party stuff will be very taxing, and you'll have a choke-fest!