Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2020, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Installed latest version, now no sound!

So what I determined was... I had to have the Focusrite set as my playback device in Pro Tools, Speakers set as my playback device on my system, and those both had to be set that was when the system boots! For some reason, changing to those settings after boot didn't work. I had the Focusrite set as my Windows playback device as well as my Pro Tools playback engine. That didn't work. Set my Windows playback device to Speakers. That didn't work. Left it that way and rebooted my system, and voila... Worked!

Strange, but functional. Thank you all for your help.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:18 AM

Thanks so much for letting everybody know what solved it for you. Hopefully that might help others.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcasper View Post
So what I determined was... I had to have the Focusrite set as my playback device in Pro Tools, Speakers set as my playback device on my system, and those both had to be set that was when the system boots! For some reason, changing to those settings after boot didn't work. I had the Focusrite set as my Windows playback device as well as my Pro Tools playback engine. That didn't work. Set my Windows playback device to Speakers. That didn't work. Left it that way and rebooted my system, and voila... Worked!

Strange, but functional. Thank you all for your help.
Most manufacturers' driver are not multi-client, which means your interface isn't. Best practice on Windows is to use your interface only for Pro Tools and, in Control Panel>Sound>Playback & Record Tabs, make your onboard soundcard the default for Windows sounds/audio and Disable your interface's instances if there. And, after any Windows update, check that these settings have remained as some Updates will change them.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction