Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack & Digidesign Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldog View Post
I used to recommend people to buy the Eleven Rack but I stopped when I found out how the support works.

The Eleven Rack is the first and last AVID product I' bought ! EVER !
What made you register on the DUC in 2001 if the 11R is your first Avid product?

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed at having to buy support. After all, the 11R is a musical instrument, not Windows or Linux - at least no more so than Line 6 stuff is. Granted, Avid does make some high-end products, but it's also a company that makes its share of mid to low-end interfaces (Fast Track and M-Box stuff). So while $100-per-incident support might be appropriate for their "industrial" gear and customers, it's entirely inappropriate for the pro-sumer stuff like the 11R.

I had a "clock issue" 11R, and then two more faulty ones before finally getting one that worked correctly (at least so far ). Resolving my issue took months (the "clock issue" doesn't necessarily show up right away), bt throughout the process, Avid's customer support was exemplary, and even though it was a frustrating ordeal, they went the extra mile to ensure that I remained a happy customer.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
What made you register on the DUC in 2001 if the 11R is your first Avid product?
I think it was a free version of Protools ! that totally sucked compared to Cubase.

Dealing with the AVID support has been the worst support experience I have ever had.

After hours and hours I finally managed to get some help.

If I beforehand known how the support worked I am quite sure I would have bought something else.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 PM

• Even with the mechanical problems AVID the Co. when I have had to contact them have been great every time.
  • I think I'm running 8.4 and it runs every time no problems.
  • My EXP loaded flawlessly.

It's just I want to take it LIVE and I can but I'll play it thru or with the FlexIII so if it dies, I have a B/U.
Last night had to start it twice, tonight FIRST TIME. Yea.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 PM

I need a replacement switch for my Eleven Rack. It's the power toggle switch assembly, which is this exact switch:

http://www.hktdc.com/fair/proddetail...ush-Switch.htm

Is there any way I can order one from Avid? It's a very simple replacement procedure, and I'm hoping to avoid sending my unit off for something I can swap out in 5 minutes.