Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 AM

Default Pro Tools won't recognize Omni, digitest crashes on launch

I just received my PT HD Native card + Omni and I can't get pro tools to recognize the omni. When I start my computer, the power led stays orange on the omni.

I've uninstalled and re installed PT 10.3.7 twice and Installed 11.0.1 twice (just copied over the orignal app the second time.)

I've uninstalled and re installed the HD driver twice.

I've switched slot positions of the native card twice.

Not sure what else to do here. PT 10.3.7 seems to open fine, but without a interface it doesn't do me too much good.

Also, digitest crashes on launch every time.

I do still have the digi002/003 drivers installed. Not sure if it's necessary to uninstall those...

I'm on a Mac Pro early 2009, 10.8.4, 20 gigs of ram.

Apologies ahead of time there's another thread about this, I searched, but couldn't quite find anything with a solution.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools won't recognize Omni, digitest crashes on launch

Also, firmware version on the Omni is 2.6. Would love to update it, but again digitest crashes on launch 100% of the time.

Just tried a factory reset of the omni, to no avail.

Can't test the Native card either, but it is at least recognized as being installed by my Mac in the profiler.

Additionally, there's a DX driver in the driver folder of the PT 11 download, but I think this is just for an Avid video interface, correct?

Anything else I need to install that I'm missing??
Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 AM

Last update, looked at the system usage and I don't see a slot for my PCI card. I'm pretty sure I should - so I'm thinking this points to a faulty native card.

There is a native card flahser, but the documentation states that it's only for OS up to 10.7 and 10.8 isn't necessary.

Anybody with experience with the flasher? Super frustrating to have these issues with a brand new system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg System_Usage.jpg (15.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-13-2013, 11:09 AM

Try installing your card in a different slot. That solved all my issues.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 AM

Thanks nst7 - I've tried all 3 available slots, as well as tried removing my sonnet firewire pci card in case that was causing some issues, but to no avail
Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 PM

Avid - any chance you can chime in here? Am I missing some steps? Would it help to see the digi test crash report?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I will ask an idiot question (every thread deserves one)... Do you have an ILok with a Pro Tools HD asset on it connected to you computer?
No worries Darryl, sometimes it's those small things that catch you :)

Yes, I do indeed have an iLok connected to the computer with a valid HD license. The HD software opens just fine. Only no Omni is detected and I can't see any cpu usage for a native card (only the cpu) which is why I thought it was a hd native card issue as opposed to an omni issue. If only digitest didn't crash.

My next step was to use my ASC, I was just contemplating whether or not it was better to wait for Sweetwater tech support to get back to me or just go ahead and contact Avid. Perhaps the latter...
Old 08-13-2013, 01:18 PM

I would bring the card to your dealer and have them install it on their computer.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:00 PM

I just got off the phone with Avid tech support - after a native core card firmware reset failed they confirmed that it was a bad card. On it's way back to the dealer now.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 PM

Yet another update on this...maybe someone can help. Might need to start a new thread...

Received the replacement native card and the same behavior persisted. Tried creating a new user account (which I should have done before, but thought it was unnecessary as I clean uninstalled then reinstalled all software) and PT HD with the native card and the omni work great. The native card updated it's firmware automatically upon opening pro tools and I successfully updated the omni firmware to 2.10.

Switched back to my original user, and the same problems still persist. Anything I can do to fix this? Ive been through several clean installs of pro tools. Trashed preferences. My original user account just will not recognize the hd native card.