Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 12-28-2010, 10:56 PM

Default No output at all with my fast track

I have a macbook pro, fast track, and my motif hooked up to it. I hooked up my monitors and got no output. then i tryed to see if i got output through my laptop speakers but nothing. the tracks say that the tracks are playing but i get nothing.

i have the 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo mac with 4 gb ram.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:42 AM

Default Re: No output at all with my fast track

If you specify your PT version and share your setup details, we could be of some help here!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:54 AM

Don't forget to enable MIDI thru.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovique View Post
If you specify your PT version and share your setup details, we could be of some help here!
i have pro tools se 8.0.3

right now i only have my fast track connecting hoping to get any sort of sound to come out through my laptop speakers, then im gonna try to connect them to my monitors.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:13 AM

When your Fast Track is installed and connected, it follows that it is now your main sound device - so any audio is now coming into and out of the Fast Track, so don't expect any sound out of your laptop speakers, it is simply not there. Now, plug either your headphones or external speakers in the FT. The Motif sounds are generated inside the Motif itself, Pro Tools only controls the order in which notes are played, so to hear both the audio output of the Pro Tools and the Motif, you need to somehow mix the audio outputs of the Fast Track and the Motif - since the Fast Track is only a two inputs device, you would need a 4-ins mixer device.