Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-21-2020, 07:40 AM

Default Am I eligible for educational pricing?

I recently started working for a company in the UK called future djs: https://futuredjs.org/about/

I was initially involved in presenting roadshow demonstrations & workshops for djing and music production, and I'm about to start teaching in a local school after easter and will be there at least one full day every week.

I am paid via invoicing Future DJs as a self employed dj/producer, not via PAYE so that means not technically an employee of the company or the school I work at. But I will be a tutor there.

I would like to subscribe to another year of upgrades - my last subscription ended with pro tools 12.5. Am I entitled to the education discount?? That would be great if so!
Old 02-23-2020, 01:43 PM
Avid

Default Re: Am I eligible for educational pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protools8matt View Post
I recently started working for a company in the UK called future djs: https://futuredjs.org/about/

I was initially involved in presenting roadshow demonstrations & workshops for djing and music production, and I'm about to start teaching in a local school after easter and will be there at least one full day every week.

I am paid via invoicing Future DJs as a self employed dj/producer, not via PAYE so that means not technically an employee of the company or the school I work at. But I will be a tutor there.

I would like to subscribe to another year of upgrades - my last subscription ended with pro tools 12.5. Am I entitled to the education discount?? That would be great if so!
Hi! If you can submit a proof of eligibility, (you can check the list here https://www.avid.com/academic-eligibility) once the proof is approved, you'd be able to get the education discount.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Am I eligible for educational pricing?

Ah ok, thanks for the response - so the info required (pasted below) rules me out I guess as I am hired by future djs and not employed by the school, despite being hired as a tutor.

“A copy of a faculty or staff paycheck stub that includes your (the employee's) name and employer (school) name
An employer’s written confirmation on school letterhead or certificate of employment“