Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-13-2014, 01:29 AM

Default XMon Manual

Hi,
I'm using the System 5 MC Pro, HDX, Xmon, PT 11HD on a Mac Pro 64GB.

Been using this system for about 2 years now and have had constant issues with the MC Pro and CMT 408 hardware, all of which has been replaced multiple times. Currently working on another 408 replacement. To top it off I went for some dinner, left the studio running and came back to not being able to produce any sounds at all, Pro Tools or any other application. Checked the routing, that's all good. For some reason the XMon decided to put itself on mute. Now, you'd think that since the XMon software is controlling the XMon hardware that there would be an unmute button one could activate, nope, I had to fiddle with it to figure it out myself. By switching the output on the XMon from Main to Alt, that unmutted the XMon. However that did not fix the issue - No Sound!

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them. Also, if anyone has a copy, knows where to get a copy of the XMon manual, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Thayne
Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 AM

Default Re: XMon Manual

Sometimes this happens here also. My solution is to select the main speakers in the control room column. I know probably that is what already there, but still, if you choose it again, it should unmute the monitors.
Hope it's the same there.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:41 AM

Default Re: XMon Manual

Thank you Tamas. I've already done that multiple times. The mute light on the XMon goes out and Pro Tools audio out works now just fine. However, when I start up Firefox, Chrome, Quick Time, anything where the audio gets redirected thru XMon, there is no audio out. I've tried multiple routing configurations and can get audio out from the computer's built in output but that's about all. It's got to be something simple!