Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2015, 01:40 AM

Default AVID Mbox Mini Driver is Messed up! LaunchedDaemon Error

So my computers with an Mbox Mini 3rd gen and the Mbox app will not launch on a second user account on our iMac's..
iMac:
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
OSX 10.10.2
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac15,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB

When you set up a second user account with parental controls, the account keeps nagging with a 'LanchedDaemon' error....

If you go into Library>Application Support>AVID>...
You find a file which is called 'LaunchedDaemon' and if you remove that file from the folder where it's at then the nag goes away... In any case the user that tries to launch the Mbox app cannot ever do so. It simply will not let them launch the Mbox app....
The nag/error comes up about every 10 seconds if you don't shift that 'LaunchedDaemon file but then nothing works after that even in the Admin's account until you put it back!
Fine for an Administrator but useless for any other users.....

Tried re-installing the latest Mbox drivers (vsn1.3.0) everything we can think of but it just will not work... the latest driver says that it is supported for OSX 10.10.3

I know another person who also has the same issue and they didn't know what was causing the issue so I've looked into it further and it is definitely that "LaunchedDaemon' file which is causing all the grief! for them it started after they updated to OSX 10.10.2