Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2003, 11:43 AM

Default Is ilok Windows XP compatible

Hi guys i was wondering if ilok is Windows compatible.On ilok webpage it says Windows is coming soon.Thanks!!!
Old 04-06-2003, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Is ilok Windows XP compatible

They have been XP ready for awhile now. Download here.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:58 PM

Thanks Stone Knife,do i need to install the client software or should i just use the Windows XP drivers for it,i don't have internet on my PTools PC.Thanks
Old 04-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Administrator

You do need to install the XP drivers for the iLok, in order to use the iLok on your Pro Tools cpu. If you purchase a plug-in that includes an iLok authorization, the drivers are usually on the installation CD, and often automatically installed when you install the plug-in.

More here:
www.digidesign.com/support/ilok

The Windows client software to use iLok.com is not yet ready. I'm guessing that's where you saw the "Windows coming soon" blurb. You very well might not need to use iLok.com at all , though. If you purchase a plug-in that uses iLok authorization, it usually comes with an iLok license card and the iLok drivers installer. No internet connection needed.

The iLok itself has been Windows compatible for quite some time, (years) and iLok authorizations are cross-platform in most cases.

You only need to use iLok.com at this time to retrieve authorizations that have been deposited there for you by the manufacturer. The way it is being used currently by Digi is to deposit authorizations for users that upgrade to Pro Tools 6 that previously had key disk authorizations. Key disk auths don't work on OS X.

The iLok.com client software is Mac only to start with, but you can install it on any Mac and download authorizations to the iLok, then use that iLok to authorize the plug-in on any computer, mac or windows. The Pro Tools computer does not have to be connected to the internet.