Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 PM

Default HELP! Reaper > Pro Tools Issues

okay, for [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] sakes, reaper is awful. too many damn options and settings that are poorly worded. I need some serious help here since reaper dons't seem to give a flying [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] about OMF's. Pardon the language ive been at this for 3 hours and have yet to find a solution.

All i need to do is export these files from reaper so i can spot them into protools.. but I cant seem to make the time stamp in reaper work.. if it even has that option. I need some way of moving the files while they still match the picture with out consolidating the files. any ideas?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Default Re: HELP! Reaper > Pro Tools Issues

consolidate each track with the same start time, I would use the head of the session
then you just have audio files that can be imported into Pro Tools that all start at the same time

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 PM

Don't be silly --- the Cockos Reaper forum is extremely helpful and there are numerous people there who do post production (myself included) and who are happy to help you.

What are you trying to do? Convert a Reaper session into an OMF session for import into PT?

Do you have AA Translator (just upgraded for PT 10 functionality)?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
Don't be silly --- the Cockos Reaper forum is extremely helpful and there are numerous people there who do post production (myself included) and who are happy to help you.

What are you trying to do? Convert a Reaper session into an OMF session for import into PT?

Do you have AA Translator (just upgraded for PT 10 functionality)?
I do not, i'm mac based and i do not have wine either. the whole thing seems confusing.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
consolidate each track with the same start time, I would use the head of the session
then you just have audio files that can be imported into Pro Tools that all start at the same time
I can not consolidate the audio files. they need to stay in their respective places.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:52 AM

Email me the rpp (via the aatranslator web site) and I will convert it to both an OMF and a PTF and you can choose which one gives you the best results.

Given the fact that an OMF carries only the most basic of details (no BPM, markers, fade types, etc) my guess is that you would opt for the PTF but it really depends on what amount of detail you need converted
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 AM

Wow thank you so much, You're a life saver. Either of them should work, as long as the audio file are all in the same place, don't care about much else at this point!