Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2014, 10:53 AM

Default Bounce assertion error

Hi, I'm having difficulty resolving an issue with bouncing to disk. I'm on Windows 7 on a custom built machine. Although I have been able to bounce to disk with no difficulty since I got this system in April, I am suddenly getting an error message as soon as I hit bounce to disk before I'm even given the option of where to bounce to.

Could not complete the bounce to disk command because assertion in ''f:\code\ws.protools_express\alturaports\dfw\view s\upopupdispline 330

I have tried trashing prefs etc. via Trasher, emptied the recycle bin, done a clean re-install twice and rebooted to no avail. I also deleted the Avid Common files on advice of a friend before re-installing. No matter what I have tried I still get the same message.