Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Streamers, etc.

What are people using these days to generate streamers? I looked at the Cueline stuff, but the manuals are sketchy in terms of platform requirements and they posted a Carbon lib, which doesn't give me great confidence that it works with Tiger.

I could probably just use PT to generate a MIDI file and send that to the ProCue, but the ProCue seems like overkill for me at the moment.

Thanks for any info.
www.tnfilmlocations.com
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Streamers, etc.

Go to:
www.clickstreammachine.com

Excellent box. Also, if you can get a hold of an older version of Performer, there's a Clipping called Tesla Streamers. They still work in DP 4.6. And if you create midi tracks for each color, punch, etc., and drag a streamer/punch to its track, and save as a standard midi file, you can import that into ProTools, view sysex, and place the streamer and whatever bar/beat you require. One caveat: each 3 foot streamer needs to be advanced 2 seconds for the punch to land on the desired bar/beat. This is because the midi event is measured from its beginning, not its end. I believe MOTU, in conjunction with ClickStream Machine, maybe working on this.

There's also Auricle, at www.auricle.com

Craig

P.S. If you use Performer and need the Tesla Streamers clippings, I can send them to you.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:23 PM

Thanks for all the great info and generous offer, Craig. Unfortunately, I don't use Performer. I was a StudioVision devotee and then just began doing everything MIDI in PT. Looks like I may have to learn it, though.

Auricle is PC, I believe, and I'm generally Mac. Sure do wish Cue were upgraded for Tiger.
www.tnfilmlocations.com
Old 10-11-2005, 04:23 PM

I'll be glad to make the standard midi file for you with all the streamer and punches tracks. No biggie. Performer is cool though with the drag and drop of the streamers and punches. And some of what Cue was is now a part of Performer; anyway, Performer is the closest thing to giving you everything you need.

Craig
Old 10-11-2005, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I'll be glad to make the standard midi file for you with all the streamer and punches tracks. No biggie. Performer is cool though with the drag and drop of the streamers and punches. And some of what Cue was is now a part of Performer; anyway, Performer is the closest thing to giving you everything you need.

Craig
Thanks for the offer. I'm actually asking on behalf of a company that called me today. They're working with an artist who may need it. If they're still looking tomorrow, I'll mention you and see if I can hook you up with them.

Great info on Performer; I really appreciate it!
www.tnfilmlocations.com
Old 10-18-2005, 04:06 PM

We use the ProCue from CueLine. The box is standalone; as long as you have a MIDI interface and a map of the notes for commands, you can run it on any system. Add video, either through the s-video output on your laptop or video card, and voila.

I haven't tried the Click Stream Machine, but it seems like a decent low cost alternative.

I reccommend staying away from the Broad VS-1.

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2005, 05:54 PM

Quote:
We use the ProCue from CueLine. The box is standalone; as long as you have a MIDI interface and a map of the notes for commands, you can run it on any system. Add video, either through the s-video output on your laptop or video card, and voila.

I haven't tried the Click Stream Machine, but it seems like a decent low cost alternative.

I reccommend staying away from the Broad VS-1.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I thought their sw stuff looked pretty shaky, but the box seems sound.
www.tnfilmlocations.com