How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Once again "Content Not Found error with Strike"

Thanks for your answer harryk
Since things work now I will let it go but normally you cant open a corrupt file but since I´m a modest guy I will never say never.
Rockon...
Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM

Yeah, typically you can't open a corrupt file, however, I've had corrupted zip file downloads... missing files, etc., before.

Glad to hear you have the content now.

rock on!

harryk
PT 12, Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 ATX LGA2011 MB,Intel Core i7-3930 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor,Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB GDDR3 PCI-e Video Card, Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Blue 32GB (4x8GB),Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler, Rosewill Stallion Series RD700 700W Power Supply,Western Digital Caviar Black Internal system/session/samples,Windows 7 Professional 64-bit,Mbox2
Old 11-11-2010, 07:25 AM

Smile Re: Once again "Content Not Found error with Strike"

Hi guys,

I have had the same problem.
I spoke with Danid Doliner yesterday (AVID tech sppt) on the phone, and I suppose I was a bit snappy, due to the fact that I need this to work as I use it professionally, and was getting behind in my work due to their problematic install app.
He suggested I return the product to the store, if I was that frusterated.
My response was " You are not going to support a product I purchased?"

I spen 18 hours on the issue,David said he'd call me back in one hour, but when David called me back and left a message on my voicemail with no solution, it had been more like 7 hours, and he said he's be away today, but would call me Friday, as the issue got escalated to the engineering team to have fun with.
In the meanwhile I had solved the issue myself.
I do have some minor programming expertise, as I do music and sound for video games.
It was not easy, and in total it took me 18 hours to install a working Strike on win 7 64 bit.
I'm glad I didn't wait for AVID.
I'm not telling them what I did to get it working either, unless they compensate me for my time. good luck!
Derek
Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 AM

Hello Derek, can you post your Pro Tools and Strike version please?