Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-04-2021, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Don't See PT in ILM

I can now see the license in iLok. Will confirm that I can start up when I get back home. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaSound94 View Post
I have the excact same problem. But it is impossible to reach anyone, since the support system to Avid is what it is. Been struggling for days with this issue, without getting any answers from anyone. Hope they solve this quickly as this is a major problem.

Did you open a case in the support portal? They got on this pretty quick. Especially after putting the case# in this conversation...

Old 01-04-2021, 01:35 PM

I also faced the same problem !!! How did you solve it? I wrote in support, but I still have not been answered ...
Old 01-04-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonydrumer View Post
I also faced the same problem !!! How did you solve it? I wrote in support, but I still have not been answered ...

Did you get a case number?
I opened a case in support and received a case number. Then started a thread (this thread) describing the issue and provided my case number. It got pretty quick attention. I tried installing over the weekend and there wasn’t likely any support available during that period. But it was taken care of on the next business day (today)....

Old 01-04-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpresz View Post
Did you get a case number?
I opened a case in support and received a case number. Then started a thread (this thread) describing the issue and provided my case number. It got pretty quick attention. I tried installing over the weekend and there wasn’t likely any support available during that period. But it was taken care of on the next business day (today)....

I used the HELP sidebar on the Avid web site, I described the problem and submitted, but there was no response!
Perhaps I wrote in the wrong place?
Old 01-04-2021, 10:12 PM

I used the HELP sidebar on the Avid web site, I described the problem and submitted, but there was no response!
Perhaps I wrote in the wrong place?
Old 01-04-2021, 10:22 PM

Default PT license never deposited to ilok

Problem is two fold.

Main issue is the fact that my PT license was never deposited to my ilok account. I've attached photos of avid master account, avid link (can't push orange "use license" button), ilok manager showing only plugins and heat, as well as case number I started for a digital return ( i assume I'm eligible for the return seeing as how the product was never delivered to me whatsoever for activation)

Second issue is that I chose the wrong subscription. I wanted month to month, and accidentally chose a full year. I assume this part is an easy fix and a simple change over to the correct subscription BEFORE we worry about fixing the first issue listed above.

here are all the photos and important parts:

Last edited by jeffro; 01-04-2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: pics removed
Old 01-04-2021, 10:40 PM

The web has links, why not use them? Hopefully you started here: http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation and worked though submitting the info.

You should get an automated email response. If not you may have not actually competed the form properly. Avid support is often slow to actually getting to deal with issues. They seem to be having more issues than usual recently.

To try to help in the meantime:

We cannot guess what you are doing exactly with ILM or how familiar you are with ILM. Are you looking in your iLok account with ILM at "All licenses". Not just on the iLok itself? Do you have a subscription or a perpetual license?

It is not an uncommon common mistake to accidentally end up creating multiple iLok accounts or accidentally giving the wrong email address to Avid for an iLok account. Have you used this account linking before? Check you past emails to make sure you don't have multiple iLok accounts.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The web has links, why not use them? Hopefully you started here: http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation and worked though submitting the info.

You should get an automated email response. If not you may have not actually competed the form properly. Avid support is often slow to actually getting to deal with issues. They seem to be having more issues than usual recently.

To try to help in the meantime:

We cannot guess what you are doing exactly with ILM or how familiar you are with ILM. Are you looking in your iLok account with ILM at "All licenses". Not just on the iLok itself? Do you have a subscription or a perpetual license?

It is not an uncommon common mistake to accidentally end up creating multiple iLok accounts or accidentally giving the wrong email address to Avid for an iLok account. Have you used this account linking before? Check you past emails to make sure you don't have multiple iLok accounts.
I have the same problem as topikstarter
I purchased a monthly subscription.
Only Avid Plugins and Heat appeared in the manager, and Pro Tools itself is not in any of the manager's tabs.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:08 PM

Default Re: PT license never deposited to ilok

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGuru View Post
...my PT license was never deposited to my ilok account...
Welcome to the community.

I removed the pics (and attached them to the first case you created) since they had your email address, System ID, etc.and I escalated your case.