Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-05-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Does anyone know what this error message means

Really having a problem with this. The error message says:
Could not save "Session Name" becasue Neo Assertion in"/Volumes/Development/vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/SKDs/Neo61/Libraries/Macintosh/Environments/Alone/../../../../Source/CNewInode.cpp", line 1242.

Has anyone seen this before? It is driving me nuts. It comes up whenever I try to save certain sessions. It doesn't crash or anything but I can't save any changes. If I try to quit without saving changes it says the same thing. The same error message comes up every time PT tries to autosave, do a bounce to disk or export region as file. Only way to quit the session is Command+option+esc.

When trying to reopen session files after restart the audio regions are gone from the edit window and region list.

Help! I have a number of sessions that are doing this, that I can't use at all.

Mac G5 Dual 2.3 GHz PPC
4.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
OS 10.4.8
PT7.3.1

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Avid

Default Re: Does anyone know what this error message means

Please start with the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum, specifically those areas on trashing preference and database files.