Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2013, 02:36 PM

Default Missing Files in PT 10.3.5

I recently upgraded from PT8 to 10.3.5. When opening some of the sessions I've done on 8 in the new version I get a message that some of the audio files are missing. When I search for them nothing shows up. I haven't thrown anything out so I'm at a loss to what might be happening. Has anyone else experienced this or found any solutions?

OS 10.8.3
2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Old 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Missing Files in PT 10.3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by danonbass View Post
I recently upgraded from PT8 to 10.3.5. When opening some of the sessions I've done on 8 in the new version I get a message that some of the audio files are missing. When I search for them nothing shows up. I haven't thrown anything out so I'm at a loss to what might be happening. Has anyone else experienced this or found any solutions?

OS 10.8.3
2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Hi,

Are any audio files actually missing from the session or is it just a message you get on loading?

You're right! No audio files should be affected from the install of 10. All audio should be on a separate drive ideally and won't be changed by any PT installation.

Can you check the audio full file path and see where any missing audio files were saved to? From the regions/clip list. Also check the disk allocation page.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Missing Files in PT 10.3.5

No the files are missing. When I check the save path it starts with Macintosh HD, but I have an external drive where all the sessions are. I'm not sure if, or how, something would have been saved to the HD. But if it was I could see how I may have trashed it. I just don't remember doing anything like that. Looks like most of what's missing is files that have been AudioSuited with some effect and not the original audio file.