Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2018, 05:08 AM

Default Fleetwood Mac

Taking Christopher's cue I'm starting a new thread about Fleetwood Mac and their members.

Lindsey Buckingham is self-taught on guitar. Sometimes you don't need formal lessons to get a great sound. That being said I find his playing at times a bit sloppy although his fingerstyle is exellent. Guitar by Rick Turner and that sole pickup is rotatable although he never turns it.

FM without Lindsey - yeah it'll be a different sound and this is not the first time he's left the band. Actually I read one story that says he left and another that he was fired. I guess it's all perception. As to different sound how many remember that Peter Green was the original guitarist and how the sound changed when he left?

Also with Lindsey gone I wonder how the band's backline will change now that they won't have all those amps in back of Lindsey's position? And I wonder how many were actually used as in the concert dvd's of the group not all the amps are mic'd up.

As to Mike Campbell he was/is the guitarist for Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

QAPLA!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Ha! Wikipedia already has Mike Campbell and Neil Finn as "Members" of the band, and Lindsey as a "Past Member". Not that Wikipedia is always correct.

Over the years, Mike Campbell has been involved in some side projects, so I would classify this as one of them.

As for Lindsey, how would you feel getting "fired" at age 68? You would think by now the band members would be able to put their differences aside, or at least acknowledge that they are never going to agree on certain things.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
Ha! Wikipedia already has Mike Campbell and Neil Finn as "Members" of the band, and Lindsey as a "Past Member". Not that Wikipedia is always correct.

Over the years, Mike Campbell has been involved in some side projects, so I would classify this as one of them.

As for Lindsey, how would you feel getting "fired" at age 68? You would think by now the band members would be able to put their differences aside, or at least acknowledge that they are never going to agree on certain things.
I wonder how much of this is from the band or management or the record company? There's probably still bad blood over the tune 'Peacekeeper' which was supposed to be for Lindsey's solo album and the record company said that he owed them tune(s) and it ended up as a Fleetwood Mac tune instead.

QAPLA!
Old 04-10-2018, 09:49 AM

No LB no FM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryser View Post
No LB no FM.

FM survived without Lindsey before and will again. People said the same thing when Peter Green left the group. Sure the sound will change but is that such a bad thing?

QAPLA!
Old 04-14-2018, 03:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b9pxPkLhrI
Old 04-14-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
FM survived without Lindsey before and will again. People said the same thing when Peter Green left the group. Sure the sound will change but is that such a bad thing?

Absolutely agree with u / I’m middle school (love old school and new school) but for me personally I just like LB the best.

I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 04-14-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
This is probably the most annoying video I've ever seen. All those flashes and cuts and unsteady camera work.

QAPLA!
Old 04-14-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
This is probably the most annoying video I've ever seen. All those flashes and cuts and unsteady camera work.
I think I just had a minor stroke.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-14-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I think I just had a minor stroke.
And top it off with a very annoying repetitive guitar riff

QAPLA!