Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 AM

Default TL SPace - little issue

So....
I know that we were talking TL Space on a thread about HD. Never have an issue with this usually (7.4 era) but... I did notice last night while tracking that TL SPACE was the issue to my CPU. Apparently there is a spike that occurs and it flux's from 20% up to the top randomly from what I can tell. Eventually this causes a 100% spike and a RTAS error. Now I generally do not track with reverb and if I do it is the Lexicon PCM 91 outboard piece. This one got away from me but at the lowest latency (64) it seems to NOT like life in tracking.

May be a bug and I will double check the version and see if I can update it. Once I turned it off there were NO issues at all.

Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 07-24-2009, 07:59 AM

Default Re: TL SPace - little issue

Ummm... Whats Up Doc So this is probably not much help, but I know that TL Space is 1 of the more CPU hungry plugs there are beit TDM or RTAS so I don't know; & it really hasn't been an update to it in a while no more than library stuff if I remember correctly... 1 Solution is, build an i7 I usually run 3 of them along with my Lexi MPX1 & Eventide outboard verbs & I hadn't took my buffer of 64 since I've had the i7... I like haven't different things happenin with all the verbs/rooms/etc... but anyway, thatz all I got

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 AM

No need for a new computer. I have a quad core now and it works fine. The issue is while tracking at 64 the TL Space flutters its buffer. This causes the issue as it hammers the RTAS instance. Again, usually do not track with VERB, but this one for some reason got away from me. Hardware verbs are not a problem.

Thanks though. Not worried about it really.

When I mix I am at 1024 anyways so things are fine. That and ADC and HD3 is golden.

Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 07-24-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelDoc View Post
No need for a new computer. I have a quad core now and it works fine. The issue is while tracking at 64 the TL Space flutters its buffer. This causes the issue as it hammers the RTAS instance. Again, usually do not track with VERB, but this one for some reason got away from me. Hardware verbs are not a problem.

Thanks though. Not worried about it really.

When I mix I am at 1024 anyways so things are fine. That and ADC and HD3 is golden.

Doc
I gotcha'... Yeah maybe som'n is running in the background that ur not aware of(U know how our PC's can get)...

& u have just giving me another reason as to why I love my i7, (although I/we do have HD3 @ the Nashville studio on a Mac G5) but even, as I am rite now, mixing with 79 tracks plus VI's, midi going on, many plugs, few inserts, lots & lots of busses, much automation, I'm still running nicse & smooth @ 64 hitting about 50-55% CPU

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 PM

personally, i've always had problems with tl space. on le, it was always wierd/flaky ( for me ) for sure spiky cpu meter. when i upgraded to hd, i purchased tdm tl but, noticed how much of a dsp hog it is.

oh well.. a lexicon is on my "to get" list

also, last time i tried buffer settings at 64,i had all sorts of wierd problems throughout the session. my computer didn't seem to like certain vi's while running at 64
Old 07-25-2009, 09:27 AM

Hey Doc. Hope your doing great.

I've also noticed spiky cpu with TL Space (RTAS). It's never caused me a DAE error though. Usually when I'm tracking with reverb I'll use DVerb and I always track/mix at 128 RTAS buffer. Possibly the reason for me not experiencing any errors is using a 128 buffer.