How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 PM

Unhappy Factory PlugIn Presets gone!

Hi Forum Members,
this is my first post in the forum. Hello to everyone.
I recently bought PT9 software. Love it but have some issues.

All the factory PlugIns are not available by default.
They seem to be in the right folder!
HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/PlugIn Presets

i can open the Plug Ins but when i want to choose other presets than default, nothing is there.
I tried to set the root PlugIn folder which does not help.
I found this one and followed the instructions, no luck!:
"1) Open a session, create an audio track and insert an EQIII plug-in ( doesn't really matter which plug-in though ).

2) In the margin at the top of the plug-in window with "Track", "Preset" and "Auto" in it, click the little down arrow to the right of "Preset"

3) From the menu choose "Settings Preferences" then from the sub menu choose "Set Root Settings Folder".

4) Now you can navigate to the folder where all your plugin presets are stored. It is typically MacHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-In Settings.

Be aware that trashing protools preference files and databases when trouble shooting Protools can erase these settings, so if you trash a bunch of preference files in the future, be prepared to go through the steps above again.

It might also be worth having a look at the Protools reference manual with regards to this, not being a smart ass, but there's quite a good bit of functionality in the Plug-in Settings Menu that really is worth knowing ( start reading around page 886 ).

well, i can import all the settings but you know this is lot of work to do.
If this is the only workaround how can i avoid having all the imported presets in one list. Or in different words: how can i organize them in folders like they are organized in the root folders.
once i have done this will that work for all sessions or do i need to redo this heavy process for other sessions.

help appreciated!
any ideas.
hope there is an easier way!!

Thanks in advance.