Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2020, 01:21 PM

Default Can't run auto backup error

I'm running Mac OS 10:13:6 and PT 2019.6.0 on a 2012 Mac Pro. I recorded a podcast for 30 minutes on one track, then went down to the next track to record another podcast and when I hit record it went about
1/8 of an inch and errored out with a message that said "Can't do an auto save..." and then quit. When I tried again to record got the same message
and it stopped recording.

I assume "Auto Save" is also on the recording drive and I had 225 gigs free there. I didn't get the rest of the message because I had people on- line and
your only thought is to get the session rolling again, so I can't tell you the rest of the error message.

I closed the session and restarted the computer, opened the session again and began recording again at the same spot. This time it rolled on for as long as I needed it to record (about 30) minutes, although I was about to have a heart attack thinking it would quit again. I was even too afraid to hit control-s until I had stopped recording.

I've had this error before. I'm hoping someone can explain why it happens and how to avoid it in the future.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 05-21-2020, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Can't run auto backup error

What drive are you saving sessions to? Maybe communications to your session drive went out? Drive went to sleep maybe?

QAPLA!