Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2010, 05:56 AM

Default low quality sound when bounced to disc mbox pro tools

Hi,
I just bought a Mbox 3 pro tools LE 8, and i have a Roland Fantom-S 88 keyboard where i make my beats.. and I record the entire instrumental inside the Roland, and all i want to is to digitally send it to the Pro Tools...

this is my second Mbox.. on the first one i couldn't even change the sample rate from 48k to 44.1k when i was trying to send the signal from the Roland to Pro tools via SPDIF... but when i called AVID they said that it has to be something wrong with the MBOX, so i returned it back to Guitar Center..

I got the second Mbox yesterday, and now i can change the sample rate to match my Roland.. but i hear noises, like the music doesn't sound so clean... and when i bounce it to disk, and i bounce it as WAV, 44.1k, 24bit, stereo,..
and i play the beat with windows media player!! it sounds bad.. the instruments that were on the right side! i can now hear them on the left side.. and the instruments that were on left side! i can now hear them on the right side.. and the quality doesn't sounds at all like when it's playing on pro tools Real Time..

can anyone help?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:17 AM

Default Re: low quality sound when bounced to disc mbox pro tools

It may be that WMP doesn't like 24 bit files. If it sounds good inside Pro Tools, that's a good start. Now try bounding to a 16 bit/44.1K file(insert a dither plugin on the master track, in the last slot). See how that sounds in WMP.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
It may be that WMP doesn't like 24 bit files. If it sounds good inside Pro Tools, that's a good start. Now try bounding to a 16 bit/44.1K file(insert a dither plugin on the master track, in the last slot). See how that sounds in WMP.
the same

WELCOME TO THE FORUM RONNY

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Thank you for responding..
but i got to be honest with you.. it is my first time using pro tools, and i'm still not quite familiar with the software..
i have tried to bounce it at 16 bit, 44.1k.. and it still sounds bad, and the instruments switch sides..

Now, i don't know how to insert that dither plugin that you are suggesting.. can you show it to me a little bit better please?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 AM

if you have left and right backwards then most likely so are your connections. are you using the line, mic, or instrument input on the mbox?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 AM

Did you set the clock source to SPDIF?
What do the levels look like on your Master Track?
Also, can you be a bit more specific about the "low quality" issue? Is it distorted?