Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2018, 10:48 AM

Default Native Instruments News - KOMPLETE 12 and more

Native Instruments has announces a whole host of updates. Komplete 12, Massive X, Kontakt 6, and more https://www.native-instruments.com/e...-music-in-you/

They also added ANOTHER SKU to Komplete, now we have Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Series? Why? The point of investing in the Ultimate version was because it was supposed to be the..... (wait for it)...... ULTIMATE version.

I guess we are still waiting for an update to Guitar Rig 5. But they have huge competition in this area now. Plugin Alliance has the Engl and Mesa models which are some of the best ever. Waves did great with the PRS Supermodels. And of course there's BIAS and Amplitube among others. So not a huge deal, but for such a large upgrade price, this should have been updated.

As an Ultimate owner, I don't see much being added to justify the $400 upgrade price. It makes more sense to go for the Collectors Series, but with libraries like Novo, do I really need the added strings?

If there was ONE instrument package I would recommend, it would be this one. But, for current owners of 11, the upgrade price may be hard to justify if you own other libraries already.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-07-2018, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Native Instruments News - KOMPLETE 12 and more

Wow!
Then I went looking for system requirements for the long-awaited Kontakt 6 and I can't find them. Even Google only came up with K5 requirements and those say a minimum of El Crapitan on a Mac is needed. I'd guess K6 might be even steeper than that.

And that's sad as that leaves me out of the game because I'm staying with OSX 10.10.5 and PT11.3.2 which is and has been stable for me.

And what's the deal with the drive with the Ultimate Collector's version? Looks like it's an external but is it an ssd or spinner and what's the connection protocol? Again no info on the site.

Yeah an updated Guitar Rig would have been nice especially if they would do a really decent Marshall emulation. The ones in Amplitube 4 are sad and they couldn't get them right. I mean - the Silver Jubilee's half power switch is missing but there's one on a Marshall that never had one?

QAPLA!
Old 09-07-2018, 08:35 AM

I did find this

Quote:
If you choose a physical copy of KOMPLETE 12 ULTIMATE Collector’s Edition, all of your instruments, effects, and additional content comes preloaded onto an HDD
So if they are using 'HDD' to be literal, and they probably are, then it looks like they are still using the same system as K11. For the $600 upgrade price or $1600 new price an SSD would be nice. But that's not a huge deal since you don't run the libraries off the drive, but still, SSD could help reduce install times.

I'm guessing they are still using USB3, that's what KU11 was.

$600 isn't a bad price for all you get, but if you already have KU11, you already have most of the stuff. If I was on 9 or 10, I would probably upgrade right now. But, I might sit this one out until next year when upgrades are half price unless it turns out I absolutely NEED a few of the included libraries and it's cheaper than buying them one at a time.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I did find this

So if they are using 'HDD' to be literal, and they probably are, then it looks like they are still using the same system as K11. For the $600 upgrade price or $1600 new price an SSD would be nice. But that's not a huge deal since you don't run the libraries off the drive, but still, SSD could help reduce install times.

I'm guessing they are still using USB3, that's what KU11 was.

$600 isn't a bad price for all you get, but if you already have KU11, you already have most of the stuff. If I was on 9 or 10, I would probably upgrade right now. But, I might sit this one out until next year when upgrades are half price unless it turns out I absolutely NEED a few of the included libraries and it's cheaper than buying them on at a time.
I've learned to never take literally anything that NI says which is why I asked about the drive. It looks thin enough to be an ssd.

Still wish NI was explicit about what the system requirements are as that info isn't anywheres to be found for the new stuff.

QAPLA!
Old 09-08-2018, 04:00 PM

899 AUD to upgrade to ultimate collectors form ultimate. They can keep it.

Kontakt and massive are fine. I have enough presets and libraries of other stuff.

I am getting tired of such expensive software to be honest.

I'll keep Komplete 11 for another 3 years, minimum, since the upgrade price is the same for older version ultimate owners anyway.

(PS if they have a 50% summer sale next year like they always do, and KUCE is included, then i'll probably bite for 450 AUD, for all those extra libraries more than anything).
Old 09-08-2018, 04:15 PM

Asked over on the NI forums and even the regulars there don't have any idea of the minimum system requirements. They want us to buy it but don't say what we'll need to run it. If I got it I'd have to do some weird crap to do so like having a second partition with HS to run Komplete 12 in Digital Performer and then bring the audio into PT 11.3.2 A shame my iMac is dead or I'd put K12 on there and use VEPro to go between the two machines.

QAPLA!