How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2012, 12:59 AM

Cool wav file broken

this is a wierd one!!!
since upgrading to ver 10 all the bounced to disk exported wav files I transfer onto my Sony PCM D 50 will not play. i just get a message telling me the file is 'damaged'.
This never happened on ver 9 , were I always exported my latest mix onto my Sony. via USB to play through various systems, listen on cans, etc etc.
The waves that PT 10 put out are ok on the mac desktop, i tunes, Toast, and even transfer ok to a tascam wav recorder and play fine.
The Sony has not been changed in any way, so come on Avid what have you done to my wavs????
last night I did discover a work round but its a right pain.
....bounce to disk as AIFF,... export to i tunes,....convert to wav, ...export to Sony....play!

yes it does work but i tunes only does 16 bit, I use 24 until final CD release??

Cheers
Ray