Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2011, 06:16 PM

Default Great Deal on a Broken Ramsa DA7 and $4.85 to repair it!

Hey,
For those that may be interested. The Panasonic Ramsa DA7 is a nice console. I'm not saying it's perfect, however, it does have decent mic pre's and with the optional ADAT, TDIF, and AES/EBU, cards it gives you great options to get audio into your Pro Tools interface. I owned one years ago that I sold after leaving Digital Performer and MOTU interfaces and going to Pro Tools HD. Now, needing more pre's for drums and etc. and a small budget, I started looking into Ramsa DA7's that I remembered had a sweet sound! Well, I purchased a "broken" DA7 MKII yesterday with Meter Bridge and two ADAT cards for $200! However, it powered up and all the functions worked except there was no audio output. The gentleman had a service center look at it and wanted $475 to replace the three 6.3A Slow Blow fuses. He gave me a copy of the work order and a link on "How to change DA7 fuses" and I purchased the upgraded fuses that were recommended, i.e. 7 amp Slow Blow PICO fuses at 5pcs for $4.75. It was a timely process however I was very careful and used a "Solder Vacuum" to make sure I didn't let solder ooze onto other area's of the circuit board. Well, after about 4hrs of work and testing it is totally fine! If you've got soldering skills and can follow directions, save a ton of money and do the repair yourself!
Here's the repair link for all that are interested!

http://www.audiotalkback.com/da7/dow...ging_fuses.pdf

Randy
Mac Pro Early 2009 3.06 Six Core 48gb ram, Pro Tools 10.3.10, HD6 Accel, Pro Tools 2021, Macbook Pro, Magma PE6R4i, Yamaha DM2000 Console, Logic 9 and 10, Apogee Big Ben, 10pcs HD 192's, Benchmark DAC-1, Distressors, API, Neve, Rupert Neve, Dangerous, Lynx, Manley ELOP+, Massive Passive, VariMu, Neumann, Peluso, A-Designs Hammer 2 & Nail, Empirical Labs, Drawmer, Lexicon U87, Bricasti M7, dbx, Cranesong, SSL 500 G-Bus, Custom Audio Germany, Dynaudio, Focal, Yamaha, TC Electronic, Mapex Drums, SPL