Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2010, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Pro not recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliandb View Post
I received my Avid Mbox Pro. Since it came without an european power chord i refused to test it. I live in Spain, the distributor told me to buy a power chord, they would send me one after Christmas because they re very busy. I said NO. I think we ´re facing a big problem…
Guess the spanich and french market is not so important...
If it was only the chord - when you find one it's useless as the power button doesn't seem to work at all...
Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 AM

As my second Mbox 3 Pro is still not working, I talked with my supplier who finally reached an Avid : they finally acknowledged that there is a problem of power with many boxes...
I'm really fed up, can't wait for an unestimated time for replacement and decided to change to another product as I already have Logic.
Bye Avid, Hello Apogee !

K.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 PM

I've had my Mbox Pro since Thursday Dec 2nd and it works just fine for me on my Mac. Actually, it works better than I had anticipated. My only complaint is that some of my pots are a bit tight to turn while others are totally fine; does nothing to the sound. Also my 4th volume pot is slightly bent right out of the box which is a shame for something brand spanking new. I've already talked to Avid about it.

Sorry you all are having issues. Once you get a working model you will be impressed. I've already recorded with it and I love it!

This is what I did over the weekend. I do a weekly song challenge and this week we had to make our own soundtrack for the Boardwalk Empire intro. This was recorded going direct from a StudioProjects VTB1 mic pre into the line input of the Mbox. Everything else was done in Reason 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UOHzGit79s
Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Unfortunetly I have the same problem, Mbox 3 pro won't power up. The unit is dead. Before the pro version I had the Mbox 3 and that one was foulty as well, some internal clock not working well, i had slow downs at playback.
I felt like I was very unlucky getting two faulty units, but is seems that I'm not the only one.
I am waiting for another replacement, I told them to test the unit before sending it ... hoping for the best.

/Andrei
Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcam View Post
As my second Mbox 3 Pro is still not working, I talked with my supplier who finally reached an Avid : they finally acknowledged that there is a problem of power with many boxes...
I'm really fed up, can't wait for an unestimated time for replacement and decided to change to another product as I already have Logic.
Bye Avid, Hello Apogee !

K.
This is why I'v learned to wait atleast 6 months befor buying new products. By then many of the initial issues and problems are solved.

What Apogee did you buy ?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmailcom View Post
Before the pro version I had the Mbox 3 and that one was foulty as well, some internal clock not working well, i had slow downs at playback.
/Andrei
The interwbs are ablaze with stories of that issue which was my #1 concern when I got the Pro home. After hearing all the issues I'm gonna see if I can wait a bit before getting a replacement for my knob issues since otherwise I got lucky with one that works.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternut8000 View Post
The interwbs are ablaze with stories of that issue which was my #1 concern when I got the Pro home. After hearing all the issues I'm gonna see if I can wait a bit before getting a replacement for my knob issues since otherwise I got lucky with one that works.
How is the sound quality of the Mbox 3 Pro ?
Better or same as old Mbox 2 Pro ?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:29 PM

This is bad to read. I wanted to order an Mbox Pro this week but am not sure that's wise after reading these posts. I was not in a rush, but wanted to order before January, when the cost will increase to include the software.

Since I order from across the border in Germany, it is not handy to return faulty units.... maybe I can request it is tested before shipping....

Such a shame. I already bought a new Mbox Mini for the laptop and it works fine!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Avid

Good morning! I just wanted to let everyone know we're looking into this - overall the number of reports vs. number of units shipped is quite low, but we want it to be lower (or, ideally, non-existent). I'll let you know as soon as I hear more.

In the meantime, if you get one that is not powering up (make sure to push the power cable into the block as far as it will go - it seems to be a tight fit, at least on the ones I tested) please contact tech support by phone (choose the option for RA status) for a replacement.

We're also in the process of delivering to dealers proper power cables for those that may have received an incorrect one for your country. If you get on without the proper power cable, please contact the dealer you purchased it from to get a replacement cable.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
How is the sound quality of the Mbox 3 Pro ?
Better or same as old Mbox 2 Pro ?
I can say, without a doubt, that the Mbox 3 Pro is significantly better - at least to my ears.