Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2010, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Release of Mbox 3 Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcam View Post
So I've just tried to install the Mbox on my 2008 iMac directly with firewire 400/400 cable and it is still not recognized : same message as in the MacBook Pro. Both the iMac and the MBP have always worked perfectly on many firewire 400 or 800 external hard drives, as well as with many video cameras using firewire. So for me it's not a firewire problem from the mac...
I will try tomorrow the idea of Charraig...
A question : when you say "the first one wouldn't even power up" do you have on the second one a light on the Power Led of the Mbox ? Because there is no light on mine but I understood that it was normal as long as it not recognized by the system...
My first Mbox didn't do anything when switched on, nice green light on the power lead but nothing on the Mbox. This second one is better, you should have a blue light glowing just to the left of your master volume rotary knob, when you switch on, your ladder LEDS should glow green and red for a couple of seconds before dying away, this is what mine does. If your power lead adaptor has a green light but no blue light on your Mbox your Mbox is probably duff get another one, but bear in mind I'm ahead of you already, and we're still in the same boat.

I'm starting to understand I think, why we're not geting a 'rush' of technical help. I'll keep sending mine back to the dealer for replacements if my iMac firewire port works, for sure.

All the best, Keith.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Pro not recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by charraig View Post
Hi there. I'm not sure if I have the answer, however, I want to throw an idea out there. I haven't tried this myself but perhaps you need a go between drive, one that converts fw800 to fw400. So set up mbox 3 into drive, then drive to MacBook pro. Would that work?!
>Hi, I've tried your suggestion with a firewire 400/800 inbetween but it still doesn't work !
Still desperate - Still to any suggestion, please !
Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Release of Mbox 3 Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith123 View Post
My first Mbox didn't do anything when switched on, nice green light on the power lead but nothing on the Mbox. This second one is better, you should have a blue light glowing just to the left of your master volume rotary knob, when you switch on, your ladder LEDS should glow green and red for a couple of seconds before dying away, this is what mine does. If your power lead adaptor has a green light but no blue light on your Mbox your Mbox is probably duff get another one, but bear in mind I'm ahead of you already, and we're still in the same boat.

I'm starting to understand I think, why we're not geting a 'rush' of technical help. I'll keep sending mine back to the dealer for replacements if my iMac firewire port works, for sure.

All the best, Keith.
I called my supplier this morning and sent back the Mbox as there is no light when switching the button on. Reading you I'm afraid it won't solve all the problems... Meanwhile I'm waiting for a new one that will come next week.

K.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:56 AM

I know how you feel Madcam, it's all very frustrating, but at least with a box that powers on you'll be one step closer. I'm expecting my new 9 to 6 firewire cable and firewiire drive shortly, I'll let you know how I get on.

All the best, Keith.
Axiom Pro 61
Roland Fantom S88
KRK 6's & 8's
Old 12-01-2010, 05:33 AM

I'm waiting for my Mbox 3 Pro to ship on a pre-order. I'm also going to run PT LE 8 (will probably eventually crossgrade to PT9) on an iMac. I hope you guys get it all worked out because at this point, it's not sounding good. I have very little patience for relatively expensive technology that doesn't work. I'm thinking this might be the reason why Avid kept pushing back the release date. Trying to "work out the bugs". That's not a bad thing, if they get it right. Please keep us posted.

iMac 27", OS X 10.6.5 Snow Leopard, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB Internal, 3TB total External HD's

Bye Bye Tascam and hello Pro Tools. It's been a long time coming
Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 AM

Wow anyone got it working? Because mine come in Friday and Im on a Mac Pro
Old 12-07-2010, 08:57 AM

Am I doomed or is Avid selling not working devices at 800 euros ???
I've just received my second Mbox 3 Pro and like the first one there is not even a light when the button is switched on !
2 brand new Mbox 3 Pro and not even one working - at least powering !
Am I too dumb to plug a chord and press the power button on (by the way there is not even a french power chord in the box to plug the ac adaptor to the wall !!!).
Do we have to do something else after the dvd software installation (PT LE 8.0.4), the internet driver update (there's just one for standalone use : Mbox_Pro_Drivers_v108_68827.dmg) before switch the power button on.

Can somebody who successfully installed his Mbox 3 Pro on a Mac would be kind enough to explain in detail the whole process. I want to be sure that the device is really dead before asking for a third new one (if I ever have the patience to continue with this brand - thinking seriously of another model, Avid or not...)

Sorry for the anger...

K.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I've just received my second Mbox 3 Pro and like the first one there is not even a light when the button is switched on !
Am I too dumb to plug a chord and press the power button on (by the way there is not even a french power chord in the box to plug the ac adaptor to the wall !!!).
Do we have to do something else after the dvd software installation (PT LE 8.0.4), the internet driver update (there's just one for standalone use : Mbox_Pro_Drivers_v108_68827.dmg) before switch the power button on.

Can somebody who successfully installed his Mbox 3 Pro on a Mac would be kind enough to explain in detail the whole process. I want to be sure that the device is really dead before asking for a third new one (if I ever have the patience to continue with this brand - thinking seriously of another model, Avid or not...)

Sorry for the anger...

K.
I received my Avid Mbox Pro. Since it came without an european power chord i refused to test it. I live in Spain, the distributor told me to buy a power chord, they would send me one after Christmas because they re very busy. I said NO. I think we ´re facing a big problem…
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:

Sorry for the anger...

K.
My understanding is that the MBox3 Pro requires having the AC adapter plugged into the wall in order to work. You might want to find the correct adapter as it will almost certainly solve your issue.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
My understanding is that the MBox3 Pro requires having the AC adapter plugged into the wall in order to work. You might want to find the correct adapter as it will almost certainly solve your issue.
The AC adapter is right in the package : it plugs on the mbox - what's missing is the good chord from the adapter to the plug in the wall : there was the various but not the french one... anyway it's not so hard to find one but it's not really serious to sell something without ! The adapter is ok as there is a green light when it's plugged. It's the power led on the mbox that doesn't work.

K.