Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 PM

Default Am I eligible for crossgrade?

I purchased a Digi 002 rack which came with PTLE 6.1. I never registered my software or hardware with avid, but I do have my little booklet with my 6.1 auth key. I also purchased the PTLE 6.4 upgrade. I do not remember purchasing these products through an Avid account, nor would I have access to it if I did. Do I qualify for a crossgrade? I am also a student, so it looks like I might be able to upgrade to PTLE 10 under the student discount. How do I go about proving eligibility? Is an auth code enough?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Am I eligible for crossgrade?

You will need the serial number of the Digi002Rack to purchase the cross grade. You will also need to purchase an iLok security USB dongle (approx $49.95. It is best to create an iLok account first so that when you order the cross grade, it will ask you which ilok account name to deposit your license into. Make sure you computer is also up to the task and is compatible with the newer version of Protools.

Each qualifying Digidesign/Avid interface (such as your Digi002R) is able to use it serial number for the crossgrade only one time. If you bought your interface used, it may have already been used for the crossgrade by a previous owner. If you bought it new, you should be good to go.

Note: The Digi002R has been discontinued for some time now and will not officially be supported in the next version of Protools (PT11). Once you do the cross grade, you may also look to replace the interface with one that is ASIO compliant (It does not necessarily need to be from Avid).

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1