Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-04-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Waveform display problems in 7.1

Have just upgraded to 7.1 LE, and Tiger 10.4.8 (now approved by Digi), with a G4 dual 1.25, mirror door, and 1.25 Gig ram. I record onto an external firewire drive, and this whole system was pretty ear perfect on Panther & PT 6.9.

My problem is that on opening some of my previous PT v6.9 sessions in 7.1, the waveforms are wrongly displayed -they look as if they have been heavily limited when zoomed out, and on zooming in, they do not display a proper waveform, but more like single lines (sort of like a bar chart !!).

I have spoken with Digi UK on this, who were very helpful, but the problem still exists - I have done all the suggested steps, disabled both Spotlight and Dashboard, etc etc, trashed Databases on each drive, un-installed and re-installed PTools, added cs10, and removed "wave cache" folder in the relevant faulty sessions .

This problem is really wierd, as it doesn't occur on every region in a session, and not on every session from 6.9. All my sessions tend to be long (70-80 minutes, with mainly 1 or 2 stereo tracks)

All my plug ins have been updated (Sony, Serato, Elemental Audio & Digi) , with the exception of Waves (far too expensive to upgrade), and waveshell removed from p-ins folder.

Recording a new session into v7.1 (with the cs10 upograde), seems to be just fine.

Has anyone else had this problem, as it means that I really can't work with some of my previous 6.9 sessions in 7.1.

The waveforms do not play back well, there are crackles and loud digital distortion.

So, basically -Help !!!!!!

PS have run PTools since Audio Media 3, so not a total novice, but always learning new tricks.
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock
Old 11-05-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Waveform display problems in 7.1

I might be at fault here, so see my post
Quote:
Re: Export region problems
- I think this has answered some of my questions.
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock